Lancer Register Forum banner

Advice on fast road setup.

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Drewpal 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.
I’ve had my Evo for over 2 year now. And haven’t had the tracking checked. I had the wheels off today and noticed the spring preload was different from front lest to front right(10mm), is this normal? Also should the camber be the same on both sides from the top adjusters? If not I’ll get her booked in.
Thanks in advance.
Drew.

#2 ·
Not unusual to have different top mount positions for the same actual wheel camber.

Reactions: Drewpal
#5 ·
Really? I actually thought that the top mount position must be (at least almost) identical for the same actual wheel chamber (provided that the chasis is straight etc).
Would something like that be acceptable? (please have a look at the photos). The chasis of the car in the photos is straight (undamaged, uncrashed etc), and I was thinking that this is an example of wrong installation..

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
There seems to be a lot of muddled terminology being used here!

You still don't say which model of Ohlins you have? Are they the old type where you have to use the spring perch position to set the ride heights, or of the more modern version with separate ride height and spring pre-load adjustment?

Regardless of which ones, firstly the camber bolts on the bottom of the strut need to be set the same way round (in the -2 degs position). Then you would set ride heights/pre-loads, then set up the geometry and then start playing around bump/rebound settings.

Incidentally, there's something very odd going on with the way the topmounts are configured - even the adjuster plate bolts are in different holes between sides. But at least it should be very easy to sort it all out :)

#11 ·
There seems to be a lot of muddled terminology being used here!

You still don't say which model of Ohlins you have? Are they the old type where you have to use the spring perch position to set the ride heights, or of the more modern version with separate ride height and spring pre-load adjustment?

Regardless of which ones, firstly the camber bolts on the bottom of the strut need to be set the same way round (in the -2 degs position). Then you would set ride heights/pre-loads, then set up the geometry and then start playing around bump/rebound settings.

Incidentally, there's something very odd going on with the way the topmounts are configured - even the adjuster plate bolts are in different holes between sides. But at least it should be very easy to sort it all out :)
Sorry for the delayed reply. I have the set up guide. I've adjusted it to this. One side was out, and all the rebound adjusters were set to 5 rather than 10(as advised by ohlin)
Thanks for the advice I'll check again tomorrow, to see if the camber bolts are in the correct position. This is what I have to go off-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.