Lancer Register Forum banner

Winter build by MG Auto Motorsport

12K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  EVO 4LEX 
#1 ·
Decided to get some winter mods done to the evo so thought now is the best time.
Just a list of the stuff that I wanted to get done as it wasn't already done. But I thought I'd future proof it now than in the summer.

Boot area painted
Swirl pot with teflon lines
Sparktech non cdi sequential kit
Bigger injectors ID1300's
Get rid of the gauges and get a syvecs toucan fitted
Rocker cover painted
Stage 3 oem inlet manifold done by race developments
Precision 5858 turbo
Front end re-sprayed then get PPF added to front end
Carbon fibre propshaft
New lighter wheels
Ohlins refurbed with better springs

Since I've had the car I added some carbon fibre products and changed the rear lights and added the bonnet.

So the car as it stood after going to Shakespeare county raceway the turbo decided to blow its oil seals on the run and aborted the run as smoke started coming out of the bonnet vent lol
Managed a 11.40 @ 126mph I think

So off it went to MG autos

So the boot area got painted

Then it was on to the fuel swirl pot

Ohlins re-valved to new springs

Turbo awaiting to go on

So the new wheels arrived and got them fitted saved me 18.8kgs compared to the Rota's that I had on

Still loads left but coming along nicely by MG autos and they doing an awesome job of it :smthumbup

See less See more
#37 ·
Just wanted to show my appreciation for all the work mat and MG autos team have put into my evo for the past 7 months, as it was winter I decided to upgrade a few things along with changing to a different turbo. Just had it back and it just drives so nice and very very quick 😜 1-4 gears just disappear in an instance 😂😂

All the work that was carried out since last october:

Mg autos custom full exhaust
Mg autos custom silencer (for track days)
ID1300's
Sparktech non cdi sequential kit
Precision 5858 with 0.84 housing
Mg autos custom manifold
Swirl pot system with teflon lines
Stage 3 oem inlet manifold
Ohlins refurbed with race spec valving
Ohlins new stiffer springs
27mm rear ARB
Buddyclub wheels 18"x9.0" (6.7kgs each)
Boot painted
Full frontal PPF
Syvecs toucan fitted
Rocker cover painted
Mg autos spec allignment
Mg autos corner weighted

Vpower it made 660bhp 538lbft
Q16 race fuel made 703bhp 600lbft

Thanks to everyone at MG autos, has been a pleasure as always you never have let me down in the past 5 years. Congrats on your new move into the massive building aswell. With everything going on with the big move they still went above and beyond as always.

Ended up grinning on the way home lol

Here's a few snaps :smthumbup

#42 ·
I'm no good at putting videos up on here lol

So it made the same power on the 5858 as it did on the blouch 3080?
Yeah it did

Looks lovely. No wonder these traders can afford new bigger premises! You guys know how to spend. Good luck to you though mate :)
You really think what I paid to get mine done just in labour has paid for their new premises lol behave yourself they always look after me and if I told you how much labour I paid you would get jealous :lol:

Car looks mega Mo you must be made up :):thumbup:
Thanks Karl over the moon with it considering it's in as new condition they looked after like their own ;)

#52 ·
7-8 years is quite a while it's obv been built well, has it had much abuse?

Did you have a new manifold for precision turbo or just vband flame swapped?
It had plenty in my ownership!! Mat knows me very well and often said that if I couldn't break something then nobody would!! So when he built the engine I'm sure that was very much on his mind! :lol:

#54 ·
Mat and the lads at M.G have been looking after that car for nearly 11 years now and I have to say I was quite happy when Moh bought it! It's had plenty of abuse but also it's had every penny it's needed spent on it and great backing from the lads!

I have to be honest I was sure that the precision wouldn't beat the blouch for power... Turns out I was wrong to the tune of around 7hp but the blouch did make more torque! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.