Anyone ran a PE 5862 on a 2.2 engine? - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Engine / Turbo

Old 25-01-2020, 14:24   #31
Mita
Senior User

A lot of cloak and dagger **** mate. I know of a fair few.

It’s all hush hush.

I met Jamie one time, he was a nice bloke . But it possibly explains the wuick sale after the build. That engine was built twice in his ownership also with very little mileage in between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Thanks!
Yes, I'm not surprised, but iv not seen many stories about them, but I'm sure they are out there.Having to get a rebuild after 600 miles of ownership is not the best, amongst many other things.
The previous owner is not exactly blameless, either, but i cant fault his timing in selling!
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-01-2020, 15:51   #32
Christopher

Car: Evo 5 468ATW(meths map)408ATW(optimax)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
A lot of cloak and dagger **** mate. I know of a fair few.

Itís all hush hush.

I met Jamie one time, he was a nice bloke . But it possibly explains the wuick sale after the build. That engine was built twice in his ownership also with very little mileage in between
Well,well🤔
He never mentioned that, surprisingly enough.
He's a lying piece of ****, with zero morals, as far as I'm concerned, who had no qualms in taking me for 30 grand .
When i told him the faults i had started to find, he said to take it up with MG Autos! I knew then the sort of person i was dealing with.
This was before the engine starting using ****loads of oil.
Unfortunately, i work away for up to 6 months at a time and only get home for 2 to 3 weeks, which he was aware of ,so there was no way i could deal with him in person to try and sort it out, and i put my trust in him, stupidly, so i have to take the blame for that.
Takes a special type of [email protected]@@ to rip somebody off like that.
Old 25-01-2020, 18:00   #33
Mita
Senior User

Best to have a read of the build thread. Gives an idea of changes etc . It certainly had a huge amount of money spent. And the spec changed a lot as looking at it he wasnít fully happy.

Iím not here to stir **** mate so I will apologise. Iím only saying what I have been told. I canít say for sure itís true.

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=508685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Well,well🤔
He never mentioned that, surprisingly enough.
He's a lying piece of ****, with zero morals, as far as I'm concerned, who had no qualms in taking me for 30 grand .
When i told him the faults i had started to find, he said to take it up with MG Autos! I knew then the sort of person i was dealing with.
This was before the engine starting using ****loads of oil.
Unfortunately, i work away for up to 6 months at a time and only get home for 2 to 3 weeks, which he was aware of ,so there was no way i could deal with him in person to try and sort it out, and i put my trust in him, stupidly, so i have to take the blame for that.
Takes a special type of [email protected]@@ to rip somebody off like that.
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2020, 04:26   #34
Christopher

Car: Evo 5 468ATW(meths map)408ATW(optimax)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Best to have a read of the build thread. Gives an idea of changes etc . It certainly had a huge amount of money spent. And the spec changed a lot as looking at it he wasnít fully happy.

Iím not here to stir **** mate so I will apologise. Iím only saying what I have been told. I canít say for sure itís true.

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=508685
Its, fine, mate.
The car came to me with problems, that I have to fix, unlike him I wouldn't pass it on to somebody else knowing there was so many expensive issues to deal with.
I know what he spent, as I have the receipts and in a way, I can understand his frustrations at having been let down by MG and just wanting to offload it, but it doesn't excuse him.
Mita (26-01-2020)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: