South London Regional Events for 2007 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Regional Meets

Old 25-03-2007, 13:06   #1
JonRS2

Car: 9 FQ300 Alcons, Ohlins, Magnex 3" Exhaust, SM4 PnP Autronics, K&N Cone Filter
My Car
Send a message via ICQ to JonRS2
South London Regional Events for 2007

What I am hoping to do is a regular monthly weekend meet in Surrey somewhere so any suggestions will be greatly apprieciated as to a good venue for meets and good routes for drives.

I have done a bit of tracking down of pubs that are happy to allow groups to book and take advantage of their premises as long as with big numbers we can book at least a week or two in advance.

The Pubs that I have found that are up for any meet so far are -

The Wotton Hatch - in Wotton in Surrey near Dorking.

The Abinger Hatch - in Abinger Common in Surrey near Dorking.

The Castle Inn - in Outwood in Surrey? near Crawley.

The Bulls Head - in Clandon in Surrey (Had evening meet there but don't know about weekends yet)

The pubs that aren't interested in meets - to save anyone else wasting their time trying them are -

The Jovial Sailor - in Ripley in Surrey - never got back to me about evening meets and told me weekend meets were out of the question.

The Black Swan - in Ockham in Surrey near Ripley - they are out full stop as they don't want to know about car meets anymore as they have changed hands and turned into a wine bar.

I am hoping to find a few more places and will look in Surrey, Hampshire and maybe even Berkshire hopefully not stepping on any other regional organisers patches too much in the process - let me know if I do and I will rectify it or maybe we could do a bigger regional meet between us.

Ideas and meets so far (yes I know that they are not all mine BTW ) -

1. Ace Cafe Meet on Saturday the 31st of March Meet Convoy Pictures

2. Good Friday meet. Meet Pictures

3. Sunday the 15th April at 10am Surrey Pub Meet and a drive. Meet

4. Sunday the 13th of May at 12pm Big joint Surrey meet. Meet

5. Tuesday the 15th May at about 7pm Reading Monthly Jap Meet run by raj_uk. Meet

6. Saturday the 19th of May Japfest. Meet Convoy

7. Sunday the 17th of June Boxhill to Epsom drive / meet. Meet Pictures

8. Reading Jap Meet on Tuesday the 19th of June run by raj_uk. Meet

9. Odiham meet on Sunday the 8th July at 12 noon organised by raj_uk. Meet

10. Elvetham Heath Car Show in Fleet on the 22nd of July. Spotted by rutthenut. Meet

11. Surrey Rolling Road Day at Surrey Rolling Road on Saturday the 4th of August. Rolling Road Day

12. Big South Coast Meet on the 5th of August. Sorry that was a missprint - it should have read - Big Waste Of Time Meet Meet

13. Hampshire Hoolies BBQ 19th of August arranged by jacko32. Meet

14. Duxford Imperial War Museum car show & family day on the 19th of August thread started by LR6GSR. Meet

15. South London area Gocarting on Sunday 26th of August at Midday at Surbiton Race Ways. Meet

16. Time Attack & MLR Parade + South London Convoy on the 2nd of September. Show

17. Ace Cafe meet on Saturday the 29th of September from 11am to 4 pm thread started by T533EVO. Meet

18. Sussex meet on Sunday the 7th of October organised by DA EVO Meet

19. Roadkill Run IV (Sussex) Sunday the 14th of October at 7 pm - meet organised by Morris Minor. Meet

20. Hampshire Hooligans/Dorset Destroyers Sunday the 28th of October at 1 pm - meet organised by scoobykiller. Meet - Sorry - waste of time

21. Surrey Meet and Drive on Sunday the 25th of November 10.30 am. Meet

22. Monthly Surrey Evening Pub Meet Wednesday the 5th of December at 7pm. Meet

23. When my engine build is sorted there will be another SRR rolling road day.

24. Before the bad weather sets in and I have got some free cash there will be another Go Karting meet - most likely at Surbiton Raceways again seing as the last one was such a good success in the end.

25. There was talk about doing a meet at Frensham Pond so I will look into that when I get a few minutes free.

There are normally a few Hampshire Hooligan meets through out the year as well.

Box Hill's Rykas Cafe has a few meets aswell.

If any other Regional Organisers are interested in doing a joint meet let me know and we can see what we can do.

So there is plenty going on in the area and beyond at the moment.

I will hopefully get to know and meet a few more members by organising and helping out with organising events and meets in this area.

So I am looking forward to a good year or so of organising and meeting people and if anyone else that has any suggestions feel free to PM me or post them on here and I'll add them to the list - Keep'em clean though

Cheers

Jon

Last edited by JonRS2; 05-12-2007 at 21:23..
JonRS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-03-2007, 16:34   #2
mike & jane
Modulator

Car: Evo 6 forged in japan driven in the uk , well sometimes
My Car
Nice to see that you jon are taking over from dan , it's a shame to see dan leaving as the south london rep but there you go .
Hope that you can get some good days for the south london MLR people as they certainly need some , i would find that a meet at box hill once a month is a good starters as you can go anywhere from there if the need takes you .
Good luck mate as the new reg rep

mike
Old 25-03-2007, 16:43   #3
JonRS2

Car: 9 FQ300 Alcons, Ohlins, Magnex 3" Exhaust, SM4 PnP Autronics, K&N Cone Filter
My Car
Quote:
Originally posted by mike & jane
Nice to see that you jon are taking over from dan , it's a shame to see dan leaving as the south london rep but there you go .
Hope that you can get some good days for the south london MLR people as they certainly need some , i would find that a meet at box hill once a month is a good starters as you can go anywhere from there if the need takes you .
Good luck mate as the new reg rep

mike
Cheers Mike

I will try my best and see what comes of it.

Boxhill as you say is a good meeting place as you have a big car park at Rykers if the bikes don't get there first and there are some good routes around there too I will have to have a try at a route from there to Peaspottage services as I can sort that route easily it's the bit from there to Brighton that I am not to sure of but if any offers of routes or route planning are passed my way things could get sorted as soon as I can arrange them
Advertisement

Old 26-03-2007, 10:00   #4
JonRS2

My Car
There is talk of a family type day out and a BBQ in the Chitchester / Hayling Island area - yes I know that is a very big area but it's the only details I have got at the moment so when I get more details I will add them to the first post.

Keep the ideas coming.
Old 26-03-2007, 19:05   #5
mike & jane
Modulator

My Car
Think you will find jon that the boxhill area was accepted as the south london rep's area , if in doubt about where you are intrusted in then pm lee5 and da evo as they know whats what and will help you in your quest to find enlightenment

mike
Old 26-03-2007, 20:28   #6
JonRS2

My Car
Quote:
Think you will find jon that the boxhill area was accepted as the south london rep's area , if in doubt about where you are intrusted in then pm lee5 and da evo as they know whats what and will help you in your quest to find enlightenment

mike
Thanks Mike

I will get in touch with both Lee and Dylan just to let them know what the score is and see if they want to do a joint meet at any time.

As any help is helpfull at this stage

That's PMs sent to both Lee and Dylan so wait and see what they have to say.

If we could do a 3 region meet that would be well good - just need to find a big enough venue now just incase it does happen

How many does the new Wembly hold?

Last edited by JonRS2; 26-03-2007 at 20:49..
JonRS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 21:46   #7
mike & jane
Modulator

My Car
Quote:
Originally posted by JonRS2
Thanks Mike

How many does the new Wembly hold?
Well it can handle us , will let you know as going there again tomorrow , been there for the last 2 weeks

mike
Old 26-03-2007, 21:55   #8
JonRS2

My Car
Quote:
Well it can handle us , will let you know as going there again tomorrow , been there for the last 2 weeks

mike

What postion were you playing then Mike
Old 26-03-2007, 21:59   #9
mike & jane
Modulator

My Car
Quote:
Originally posted by JonRS2

What postion were you playing then Mike
ME lol defender , no one comes past me, try and i will break your legs
No we have a contract with the FA , our company does all the graphics for the new stadium

mike
Old 26-03-2007, 22:07   #10
JonRS2

My Car
Quote:
ME lol defender , no one comes past me, try and i will break your legs
No we have a contract with the FA , our company does all the graphics for the new stadium

mike
So you are a famous graphics artist are you
Old 26-03-2007, 23:24   #11
ashills
Senior User

My Car
theres always the grasshopper at westerham in surrey
they have a big car park and a nice carvery if people want some food
ashills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 09:28   #12
JonRS2

My Car
Quote:
Originally posted by ashills
Nice one mate I will try and find that one and have a look see at what they can do for group meets as that's the problem I have been finding so far they have the space but don't wanna know about getting us lot turning up on mass on there best days of the week only drinking a few pints between the lot of us when there locals drink a few pints each so I can see their point really buut if you do try them out you will never know and end up going to the same old places every time.

As someone said to Gary Fisher - "Change is good Gary"

For those of you that don't know who Gary Fisher is - he was the guy who invented (if that's the right word) the mountain bike and I think the first susspension mountain bike one aswell.
Old 27-03-2007, 09:36   #13
JonRS2

My Car
Quote:
Right I have found them and they are on the A25 and found their website aswell so as soon as I get my MLR email sorted I will start sending emails out to any prospective pubs that I see or get to hear about that could be up to the MLR challenge

Keep these pubs coming people

Cheers
Old 27-03-2007, 10:11   #14
evo1 4life

Car: Evo1 track car.
My Car
Quote:
nice. least thats actually somewhere near south london.
evo1 4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 10:15   #15
h0bbsie

Car: Evo VIII 260 gone but not forgotten!
Quote:
Originally posted by evo1 4life
nice. least thats actually somewhere near south london.
Well it's close enough for me to even come and visit I could even go and have a chat with them for you Jon it is that close
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: