Shakey_Jake188's 600+bhp Tommi Makinen Progress Thread - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Picture & Video Gallery

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-04-2017, 18:56   #1
Shakey_Jake188
Senior User

Car: BRSCC Mazda mx5 Race Car #188, Evo 6 Tommi Makinen Edition and Evo 5 GSR
Shakey_Jake188's 600+bhp Tommi Makinen Progress Thread

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to do a thread on my new car. I have owned a few Evo's previously the first being a Evo 8 in black, a Evo 6 TME in white and currently have a Evo 5 in white.
I put a wanted ad up on here the other week looking for a high spec fast Evo, it's something that I've wanted since evo's began but unfortunately high insurance has always put a stop to that. Now, I'm getting older, a few extra years no claims and experience of evo ownership the insurance companies are happy and I finally got a sensible quote for a faster Evo!

Nothing for sale really got me interested, when a good car goes up for sale it's often bought by car dealers who will re-advertise it a week later with thousands added onto the price. Luckily my wanted ad was well received with more cars than I expected offered, but one really stood out, Evoedd's TME.

Why did it stand out? Full underside restoration, re-spayed bodywork, fresh engine build and new Norris designs 5.5 precision turbo kit. Sound good? Hell yes! Theirs more..... Ohlins R&T suspension, Evo 9 RS diff and a AP Racing 362mm big brake kit.

Obviously a deposit was sent pretty swiftly and the trip from Newcastle to Dorset organised. A quick 6 hour train trip I collected it on Saturday it's had me smiling from ear to ear since!

I really wanted to do this thread the give Steve (Username Evoedd) credit for this fantastic car and the dedication (and money) that has gone into it over the years of his ownership.

So, we will start with the underside restoration. In pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=535560

Last edited by Shakey_Jake188; 17-04-2017 at 19:02..
Shakey_Jake188 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shakey_Jake188 For This Useful Post:
evobull (17-04-2017), Evoedd (18-04-2017), evolover21 (21-04-2017), Leo6072 (17-04-2017), M3 ROB (17-04-2017), Realbadman (15-03-2018), river evo 6 (17-04-2017), squeakyclean32 (02-08-2017)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: