Lancer Register Forum banner

ND Con Rod Offer........STILL ON!

112K views 234 replies 85 participants last post by  evo baz 
#1 · (Edited)
As listed in the title we are offering the supply and fitment of forged steel conrods in your engine retaining the std pistons. (Evo 6 - 9)

This has been run by many of our customers up to a proven 550Hp with no issues. It suits many people who are now pushing the limits of the std rods and are waiting for the inevitable failure.

The price is £1099 + Vat which includes;

Manley H Beam Forged Steel Conrod Set (Rated 600Hp Max)
Std Replacement Headgasket (E8 MR On)
All Labour & Required Fluids/Gaskets
Machining Of Std Pistons To Accept Floating Pins

Also the below extras can be added if required;

Cosworth 1.3mm Metal Head Gasket +£88 + Vat or ND head gasket £75 + Vat
ARP Head Stud Kit +£114 +Vat or ND L19/H11 Head stud kit £229 + Vat
New Cambelt/Balance Belt & Fitting Labour +£119 +Vat

Call or email us to book yourself in.

Thanks

Simon

Edited: Other Parts Options & New prices based on exchange rate

See less See more
#3 ·
The price to fit the pistons would be included but we do not sell drop in pistons and don't really advise it unless the piston is sized specifically for the bore. If the customer decides this is the way they want to go then we will do it at their risk.

Cheers

Si

#5 ·
Thanks Ken.....we like cars being wheeled into the workshop! :)

#8 ·
Andy i - This deal will be on for the forseable future so don't worry.

Red Devil - We like to have 5 working days if possible, it can be done in 3 if totally necessary though.

Cheers

Si

#12 ·
Sorry for the delay in replying!

This process is done with the engine in situ whereas to bore the block you need to remove the whole engine and do a full build. So yes it would cost a lot more, sorry.

If your pistons are in good condition and your power aspirations are below our advised levels for this conversion then I would advise retaining the std pistons you have already.

Cheers

Si

#14 ·
To be honest this offer will be on for the long term so don't worry. However from our experience the E4 & E5 are the only Evos we can't do this conversion on as the pistons have very strange offset gudgeon pin areas.

Sorry.

Cheers

Si

#16 ·
Really the best option is for pistons and rods, probably not drop in though. We have 2 forged short blocks for sale in one of our other threads, this may be a good option for you. The std rods and pistons are safe to approx 370-380Hp and 7300Rpm limit.

Cheers

Si

#17 ·
I had Simon carry out this conversion on my car last week, excellent service as expected and extra discount with my MLR vouchers.( Simon even had time to test my anti hi-jack system for me, hope you enjoyed the walk home Simon) :smthumbup Highly recommended!

#23 ·
The car feels strong through out the range, i haven't noticed any major vibration although my Ancillary belt is making a slight noise but we think its the a/c pump needing refilling. I'm very happy with the service and have posted a small thread on the trader page about how it all went. Now the fun part of choosing which turbo to get :mhihi:

cheers Simon.

#21 · (Edited)
I think the limits are around 420/420 , its only the rods which are limting u upto 550hp as the pistons will cope with anything upto that an after that its crank , pistons , rods with supporting bearings an studs ect ... Which is y Si offers this awesome deal :smthumbup ....

#25 ·
Drop In Rods Evo 7

Im going to be looking into forging my 7 once I have the parts to make over 400/400 safely.

From what I have read its the rods that are the weak part & max out at 370torque approx 400bhp. Standard pistons are good for 500+ ?

So my understanding is that drop in pistons & rods combo are normally for up to 30k miles, if over these miles its much more costly for rebore etc.

So my question, is there if any, a max mileage that drop in rods only can be done as my car has 60k + on it.

Thanks

John

#26 ·
Sorry for the delay.....

We have actually run race fuel on a GT35R car with no issues before, however our widely advised limit is up to 550Hp with the rod job.

No there is not a max mileage on the rod job as we do not touch the std pistons and rings. However if you have any excessive wear or issues before the conversion these are likely to be accelerated or amplified if you run much more power.

Cheers

Simon

#27 ·
So with this conversion i could run 500bhp in a 9gt?
Simon you mapped this car for a previous owner so you may remember it (red 9gt with motec owned by a guy called ross/russ?

What else do i need for a reliable 500? turbo? intercooler?

cheers:smthumbup

#28 ·
jappa1 - Yes you could indeed, it would be prudent to also fit the ARP head studs and metal head gasket while there. Yes I think I know the car Ross Campbell?

You will need a turbo/turbo kit change, extra fuelling parts, cams/springs and also an intercooler.

#29 ·
Thanks for the reply,I may have to call you when i get some £ very soon.
cheers
:smthumbup

#33 ·
Spot on Charlie! :)

Sybez - No it will not need porting, with a head job the power spread will be better but those figures can be achieved with no porting. The valve springs are a must though, Ti retainers are optional. No you DO NOT need a twin plate, I run my E9 RS on a single plate and have done for the whole time I have used it. (625Hp on pump gas and 750Hp on race gas).

Cheers

Si

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.