Lancer Register Forum banner

500 mile RS Recommission

29K views 141 replies 57 participants last post by  A12DY B 
#1 · (Edited)
I have had this car for a while now but I wanted to wait until I had it finished before I put a thread up about it as I've been too busy working on it.
I stupidly put pressure on myself to have it ready this year for the JCC indoor show in the Titanic Exhibition Centre on the 9th July but managed to get the car completed and was fortunate enough to be rewarded for my effort.

The car itself is a 2007 EVO 9 MR RS with 569 miles on the clock, it is a EUROPEAN chassis numbered car and came with passengers airbag, electric mirrors (not folding), ABS, Brembo brakes, air conditioning, rear fog light built into OSR tail lamp, spare wheel and jack etc.
When the car was new it was retro fitted with a full turbo back 3 inch mongoose exhaust system, HKS super air flow induction kit and a SSQV HKS blow off dump valve. I have all the standard parts put back on the car but have retained the exhaust.

The car obviously has been parked up most of its life so the plan was to replace all belts, fluids, oils etc and give it a good clean but it went a bit further than that, these are the first pictures of the car after I had it transported to my house.

The front number plate plinth has never been fitted

More to follow.

See less See more
#9 ·
Great find and a rare car! I'm looking forward to seeing your other photos of the underside which I think you've brought back to mint (even though it must've been pretty tidy to start with on that mega low mileage!)?

What are your plans for it now?

#22 ·
is this one of the 3 (maybe 4) that were sized by the Irish Customs and Excise?
When I enquired with Morgan cars last year about this car, they said they didn't know anything about the other 4 cars seized by customs and was selling this on behalf of someone else

I think the 4 seized cars were 9 mr Rs and this 1 is a 9 Rs but could be wrong on that :handsup:

Awesome car, Get it rallying :D

#27 ·
Gav@Rosssport usually knows about chassis numbers and different options available mate :smthumbup

Yea I remember it being advertised as a 9 mr Rs and it's got the mr Rs splitter, was just because you've called it an Rs on the title and it doesn't have the mr boot badge I thought it was a 9 rs :smthumbup

Look forward to seeing the new pics, must look better than brand new :mitsi:

#30 ·
After I initially got the car I parked it up as I had a few other projects I was working on but I got them finished and then thought about what to do with this car. What exactly do you do with a 569 mile RS I asked myself.
I've refreshed a few Evo 9's but I wanted to keep this car as original as possible, a full concours build did cross my mind but then it wouldn't be original, that's settled then give it a good clean but then the OCD kicked in.

It was slightly dusty underneath, I suppose being parked up for 8 years will do that to a car but at least it had been in dry storage so I removed the undertray, bumpers, side skirts and wheel arch liners to get at all the areas.
I watched the weather forecast and with a few days of sun predicted (rare for Northern Ireland) outside it went and a light underside steam clean ensured so that I had a nice clean car to start with.

I removed the exhaust rear section to get above it cleaned properly.

I used various soft brushes and soap to scrub the underfloor, the factory underseal was dirty/dusty but after a few hours it came up nicely

So that was the underside cleaned, back in to the garage and left for a few days to dry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.