Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 9 mr rs

4K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  Goginawa 
#1 ·
Anyone on here know how many evo 9 MR RS are left in the country / were imported?? So far it’s only mine. Evo 9 MR RS 5 SPEED ( 2007 ) 2020 fresh import. Curious about any others?

#8 ·
Nigel S imported the first lot so he’ll have an idea of numbers. But since then a handful have been brought in by others.
But from what I’ve been told there’s likely to be around 15-20 in the UK.
Again that’s not confirmed, it’s what I’ve been told by evo people who know their stuff.

#11 ·
Nigels brought in 11 originally, I owned the old Russ swift red one which a dealer bought off me near Accrington and its never been taxed since I sold it to them. I still have a white one. I do have a list somewhere of the 11 that came in originally via NigelS, two of which have been written off a red one and a white one.

Aberdeen imports brought in a red one a few years ago for a customer.

#13 ·
Just been directed to this thread.

Super rare model Evo, and has to be right up there with the very best.

I was involved with 12 cars, 7 white and 5 red. As has been said, my understanding is that 1 white car and 1 red car were written off.

I would agree with the estimate of 15-20 cars in the UK today. I know of a few additional cars imported used from Japan, but I suspect these numbers will not reach the quantity imported when new.

We have to discount any DVLA records as a number of these cars will be registered with incorrect model details. Despite the V55 first registration application forms being submitted with the correct model details, this didn't always follow through to the V5C. The 9 MR RS was not an official UK car, so no model details set up on the DVLA system. This meant some cars were registered as UK FQ variants.

#15 ·
I have one

Well its a bare shell as I saved it from being cut up as the floor pan was going tobe used in another car.

I have hpi the shell check the history etc... and its a 57 plate and had only covered 11268 miles from memory

I have no idea what happened to all the bits off it but the company I got it from had a evo 9 rally car so I can only guess some was used on that

#19 ·
Good evening.
I red some of the posts on this forum and I assume nigelS did import some evos to UK. As I've just did my profile here on the forum it says the direct msg function is not allowed. So I count that someone can help and direct this msg to him. (Do you kept any information about them? I'm looking to buy UK delivered evo 9 mr rs in palma red in Cyprus and I'm trying to find out if its a genuine. Vin number is CT9A-0500384.
I will be looking to restore this car to new condition but before so I need to find out some details about it and as much history as I can. Thank you in advance, Adam)

#20 ·
Good evening.
I red some of the posts on this forum and I assume nigelS did import some evos to UK. As I've just did my profile here on the forum it says the direct msg function is not allowed. So I count that someone can help and direct this msg to him. (Do you kept any information about them? I'm looking to buy UK delivered evo 9 mr rs in palma red in Cyprus and I'm trying to find out if its a genuine. Vin number is CT9A-0500384.
I will be looking to restore this car to new condition but before so I need to find out some details about it and as much history as I can. Thank you in advance, Adam)
You might want to add your email address for Nigel or anyone else to contact you if they see this post.
You mention it was registered in the U.K. first do you have the Uk registration number? Might be easier to find information that way? The chassis plate on the bulkhead can also determine what the car is if you know the codes 😉

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.