Lancer Register Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo IX 9 FQ320 one of the cheapest about

7K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  roosie 
#1 ·
For sale due to lack of use and no time due to circuit racing.

I have owned this car for nearly 5 years, the previous owners had it for a couple of years but changed it to and from business name before that was owned by a doctor for many years so really had about 3 proper owners.

I have stacks worth of receipts and most things purchased with all the service history and 2 keys

Its really is in good condition it has a small and I mean small dent near front wing and bumper join.
Carbon front splitter has a crack in it which has never bothered me.

My plans were to get Gary at APT to remap it to 400/400 and i did all the supporting mods to do this even fitted the new electronic 3 port boost controller but haven't yet got it remapped. so at the moment it's running very low boost 4 psi I think. I have the standard boost control solenoid if you want to revert it back to standard boost or just take it straight to get it remapped for 400/400. it still drives fine and no smoke or noises.
I even have a GRperformance 4" intake and new air filter to go SD on it when it gets remapped.

Mitsubishi Evo 9 FQ320
2005 Private plate will be removed after the sale (i have std plates to go with it)
12 months MOT (will MOT it as soon as its sold)
99k Miles
Full-Service History
Silver
No 251

Engine
Standard 4G63 Mivec Engine (Runs sweet and very quiet)
Russ Fellows Exhaust (Nearly Brand new)
3" Elbow (Nearly New)
CoP Conversion (brand new)
Walbro Uprated 255lphFuel Pump (Brand New)
3 Port boost controller all wired in
Mishimoto Intercooler (Brand New)
Tial Blow Off Valve
Solid Gearstick Cradle Bushes
Solid Gearbox Linkage Bushes
Silicone Radiator Hose
Mishimoto Alloy Radiator with Fan (Brand New)
Uprated Rocker Breather Tank with AN4/6 breather fittings
Aircon Deleted
SAS Valve deleted

Wheels/Brakes/Suspension
Refurbished Brembos front and back.
Standard refurbed wheels with new tyres (Brilliant condition)
WAT Racing Coilovers (Brand New and fully adjustable) have Standard FQ340 Bilsteins also comes with cars

Interior

Standard FQ320 interior with carbon dipped trim panels instead of the ghastly grey panels.
Alpine Double Din Stereo
Brand new battery relocation to boot (neat install with brand new battery)

Exterior

Carbon Exhaust tail bumper trim
Carbon Front Splitter
Fq400 Badges on boot and door (not long been on so can be removed easy)
LED lights throughout
Carob Vortex Generator
Rallyflapz Mudflaps (nearly new)
Underneath was all cleaned then undersealed so wont rust.

Bad Points

I am being as honest as I possibly can as I don't want to mess anyone about same likewise in reverse, I am fussy and try to mention anything I can.

Slight clicking from O/S front driveshaft (sounds like a stone in the tyre) its only noticeable at slow speed with the window down.

SRS works but there have been journeys when the 3 lights come up, the fluid has been serviced and all topped up but I thought I would mention it now.

Crack on carbon front splitter when I put it on a trailer when I purchased it, never really bothered me after but carbon repair places have quoted £60-80 to skin the damaged section.

Spare Parts
Most parts i have upgraded will come with the std items i took off.

Brand New Set of Brembo Front Pads
GRP 4" intake and K&N filter (NEW)
Standard Bilstein Suspension front and back
Standard Boost Control Solenoid
Standard stereo surround and CD player
Standard Battery track for under bonnet and cable
Standard Radiator
Standard original battery (still got a good charge)
Standard Fuel Pump
Standard old EVAP tank and pipework
Any other odds and ends I have laying about for the Evo

Now this has to be one of the cheapest Evo 9 about, as mentioned I don't use it and it sits in my garage doing nothing I take it for a short drive every month and. I keep it on a smart trickle charger when not on the road.

Price is £12,000

No offers / Swaps etc etc

Car is located in Brandon (Suffolk)
Mobile is 07776589124
Call/Text anytime but during the day I can be busy so please be aware.

APOLOGIES FOR THE LARGE IMAGES, Engine pic is not recent it looks a lot better now.

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
Hardly rotten, you found a scab on rear floor and on inside of door, you brought a bodyshop guy with you who was worried about a tiny surface rust on slam panel.

Considering it's got Motd for you by Mitsubishi dealer this week with no advisories you was expecting a mint 9 for 12k. I refunded your deposit also and held car for you to low ball a 10k offer when you got here knowing 12k was lowest.

Try ruin my post all you want saying it's rotten because you thought I was going to let you have it for 10k because you come all that way.

I'm sorry it was not a concourse car.

#14 · (Edited)
Yes that's exactly why I went 900 miles from my home to haggle on price. You serious. �� I've spent over £250 today on Uber to get me to another car. Please stop lying. I'm not an idiot since I've owned over 10 Evolutions from 4, 5, 6 to 8. Good luck with the sale. Shame I haven't made pictures of the underseal where the rust is coming trough from the body that makes me sad. I need to get back to my family till Sunday evening. I don't care about your post. Just my two cents on this liar.

Wish somebody else from here will come to check it over. I'm 100% confident on this. Be cool. :)

#20 · (Edited)
Not really and this pre-renovation rusty bucket is now sold anyway - wish the new owner all the best. It's weird maybe, but I'm only expecting what seller says in the description.

"Underneath was all cleaned then undersealed so wont rust." This was done by a previous owner 5+ years ago what I've been told so absolutely no evidence seller could confirm that basically.

That was not true AT ALL. This trip costed me over £1k so yes I've been a little upset. Now I know I'll go another route with sellers and will ask for proper underneath pics first.

For the first time after 10 years of buying UK cars that I'm so disappointed with the sellers description that's all. Rust is like a cancer and we know it. I've much more budget for the car. If £12k is nothing special for someone than I'm a poor guy and £12k in my pocket is a lot of money.

Cheers guys

#21 ·
Zemi
You are so full of it,

1) no proof? if you would have ask I would have shown you, I had stacks of reciepts for everything on the car since new, even one for the work to blast and underseal and was well documented. also pics of it freshly done, even in the picture above when I got the new exhaust you can see it was undersealed.
As mentioned the car wasn't for you it was for you friend who works in a bodyshop, you should have advised him for 12K dont expect a concourse show winning car to the standards he would expect. also i was happy to supply any pics needed you only had to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.