Lancer Register Forum banner

have you ripped me off with this ksport brake kit?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  evo5d 
#1 ·
Hello, I just bought a kit of brakes of ksport 8 pistons of 330mm in diameter and I almost certainly believe that the seller has scammed me, because I think there are two components missing that he has not included in the shipment, they are the ones indicated in the photo. He says that he had them in an evo 4 without problems without those pieces, can you confirm if the kits come with that piece or without it?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
As above they are just the anti-rattle shims and brake kit will work fine without them, you may get a little pad rattle on unven road surfaces but nothing too bad usually and i wouldnt worry.

Hardly a scam to have these missing so think your over reacting a touch lol.......if he had sent you a box full of nothing but sand that would be a scammer :D

#4 ·
Thank you very much for the answers, the pieces you mentioned cost 54 euros, and what is most annoying is that they tell you that the complete kit is and then it is not true, and the worst thing is that when you say it you recognize it and say it is What there is.

#5 ·
I would say if they are shown in the photo and there is nothing telling you it’s ‘generic picture’ then you’re entitled to them. I wouldn’t be happy if I didn’t get them with the ‘complete kit’ as advertised! .. get on it.

#10 ·
Indeed when buying used parts then ofter small parts like this often go missing over the years especially if been through a few owners, also the metal quality of the missing items isnt so great and often victim to rust after a few years use on road and then get thrown away anyhows.

I would be more concerned about calipers functioning correctly and rotor condition which are often the expense things to sort when buying a used BBK.

Looking at pictures the pads currently fitted in the calipers they dont have the top central tab on them anyhows that these missing anti-rattle plates fit against, so even if you had them they would fall out if using with those pads so no use to you, probably why they are not there.

Pics below of the 2 different pad shapes both with and without top tab for reference

Light Product Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Rectangle

#14 · (Edited)
I don't see how you can claim rip off when it's obviously a generic picture as it has disks, lines and lots of other parts and you bought calipers. :handsup:
"caveat emptor" when a seller uses generic shots not photos of the actual items on websites like ebay...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.