3D Printed Gear Lever for a Samsonas Sequential - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Picture & Video Gallery

Old 27-10-2019, 22:24   #1
Track Formula
MLR Trader

Car: Evo 8 MR RS
3D Printed Gear Lever for a Samsonas Sequential

I bought a 3D printer and was asked to make a customer lever for a friend. After printing 6 test models with various levels of wall thickness and infill we ended up fitting this one as a working test piece. So far it's holding up to stationary monkey power but it's also connected to a paddle shift setup so time will tell. It is easy to make adjustments so no dram to alter, even specific sections for added strength.

The Orange piece in one of the images shows the intial design which was made on free cloud-based software from Autodesk called Tinker CAD. Then it was sent to slicing software called Cura where you will see it in Yellow and also showing sections which were chosed to have 100% infill for added strength. The rest of the piece is 60% infill and 2.4mm wall thickness circa 113grams.

The printer is a Creality Ender 5 with some modifications. It's my second printer but the first one I've used properly.

Video Link -

http://trackformula.co.uk/wp-content...a8729cead5.mp4

Images -

Track Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Track Formula For This Useful Post:
gordonm (28-10-2019), McGoo60 (27-10-2019), Mita (27-10-2019), na208 (29-10-2019), peeler (28-10-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: