EVO Definition file - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > ECU / Mapping

Old 06-10-2020, 16:53   #1
Kony07

EVO Definition file

Hy Guys. I bought my EVO5 with a 7 ecu remapped. The Guy how mapped Sadly died 2 years ago. I Just want to do some small tuch on the curves for the new exhaust system. Can Anyone help me with the definition file?

This is wat I read out from my ECU : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJ6...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks a Lot!
Kony07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2020, 09:14   #2
rjwkerkhof

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kony07 View Post
Hy Guys. I bought my EVO5 with a 7 ecu remapped. The Guy how mapped Sadly died 2 years ago. I Just want to do some small tuch on the curves for the new exhaust system. Can Anyone help me with the definition file?

This is wat I read out from my ECU : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJ6...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks a Lot!
The ecuID is: 98650011

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ml-needed.html

XML is attached in EvoM thread above, look for post of ToddW
rjwkerkhof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjwkerkhof For This Useful Post:
Kony07 (07-10-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 18:41   #3
Kony07

Thank U Very Much!

How you find the ECUID in the file?

If U Ever Comeing to Hungary, U are my Guest for a Fantastic Lunch !
Kony07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2020, 14:04   #4
4g638

My Car
If it is just the exhaust system after cat, or if it was mapped without having a cat, you do not need to change/adjust the maps.

He did not find the ID of your .srf file format/extension, he gave you another ID to use and rename your .xml/rom to .hex file format, so that you car open and read it in ecuflash.

You can also download the 90550001 Tephra V7 .xml and replace yours with it as it has more features on it and then copy the maps and rest of settings from your existing rom to this one.

Marios

Last edited by 4g638; 08-10-2020 at 15:15.. Reason: typo
4g638 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4g638 For This Useful Post:
Kony07 (19-11-2020)
Old 13-10-2020, 09:43   #5
rjwkerkhof

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4g638 View Post
If it is just the exhaust system after cat, or if it was mapped without having a cat, you do not need to change/adjust the maps.

He did not find the ID of your .srf file format/extension, he gave you another ID to use and rename your .xml/rom to .hex file format, so that you car open and read it in ecuflash.

You can also download the 90550001 Tephra V7 .xml and replace yours with it as it has more features on it and then copy the maps and rest of settings from your existing rom to this one.

Marios
Actually I did find the Ecu ROM ID by opening the ROM file in EcuEdit which will automatically give you the ROM ID, normally I will open a hex editor and look at the know adresses for the ROM ID and search from there.
rjwkerkhof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjwkerkhof For This Useful Post:
Kony07 (19-11-2020)
Old 14-10-2020, 04:39   #6
4g638

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwkerkhof View Post
Actually I did find the Ecu ROM ID by opening the ROM file in EcuEdit which will automatically give you the ROM ID, normally I will open a hex editor and look at the know adresses for the ROM ID and search from there.

If you did open his .srf file, and found that its ID was the same as the one given in the link which is a jdm evo7 rom ID, then he does not need to replace it using wordpad, and his rom should have been able to be read along with all its info, unless some code got missing while transferring the file from the ecu to his laptop.

Also to my knowledge, EcuEdit, reads only .hex, .bin, .csv formats , it does not read .srf, so one needs to convert it to hex firstly.

I could not open the file in ecuflash so that I could get its ID, nor through an .srf editor, nor could I convert it to .bin or .hex, as the file I downloaded was corrupted, and so could not see what the issue was with it. I did not bother with trying to fix the file so that I might have been able to open it, as everything he wanted to know, along with all 3 evo 7 rom IDs were given in the link.

Marios

Last edited by 4g638; 14-10-2020 at 05:45.. Reason: typo
4g638 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4g638 For This Useful Post:
Kony07 (19-11-2020)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: