Evo X Akrapovic Exhaust questions - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Exhaust Systems

Old 12-03-2018, 14:44   #1
Sephiro
Senior User

Car: Evo X SST 330
Evo X Akrapovic Exhaust questions

I've got my hands on a second hand Akrapovic titanium exhaust with downpipe for my Evo X and I've got a few questions I was hoping someone on here might be able to help with before I look at getting it fitted and the car mapped.

1) I've currently got the version with the Cat (Link pipe 1 in the attached diagram), but does anyone know if it's possible to buy Link pipe 3 (basically the decat pipe) separately? I know that Akrapovic no longer manufacturer the exhaust so I'm guessing it will be hard to come by or alternatively are there any good custom titanium exhaust companies out there who would be able to fabricate one. Swapping my current pipe with someone else isn't an option as I want to be able to run the car dual map with/without the cat as necessary.

2) Does anyone know if the fitting kits for this exhaust are still available from anywhere or if not it would be possible to get away with the gaskets from the standard UK HKS exhaust?
Attached Images

Last edited by Sephiro; 13-06-2018 at 15:42..
Sephiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-03-2018, 00:49   #2
Sephiro
Senior User

I got a reply from Akrapovic today and unfortunately they confirmed that they no longer manufacture the exhaust nor do any of their UK traders have any spare parts they can supply so it looks like a custom pipe is the only option.
Old 13-06-2018, 00:25   #3
Sephiro
Senior User

I've finally managed to track down a company who has agreed to fab me the titanium decat pipe - Goodfabs. Should anyone else want one for their Evo X Akrapovic exhaust then I can get them to make up extra's for ~£490 each.

I'll be paying the jigging fee on top of that so it's potentially quite a bit cheaper than someone asking them for another one off at a later date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2020, 18:05   #4
afnan740

Hi, do you still have this link pipe with you?

Im interested in purchasing it if you do.
afnan740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 21:22   #5
Sephiro
Senior User

I've still got the fabricated link pipe and the original akrapovic with cat, however I need them both so they aren't for safe I'm afraid.

Nigel S on here ended up getting one of fabricators at Nortech to make it and assuming they still have the jig configuration I'm assuming they could make you another one.

Last edited by Sephiro; 06-10-2020 at 21:27..
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: