Lancer Register Forum banner

My Evo X - clean and mods.

6K views 43 replies 28 participants last post by  Mr Max 
#1 ·
My tax was up at the end of September so I decided this was the ideal opportunity to give the evo some much needed tlc, so it was sorned and garaged. Poor thing has been sitting outside at my mum and dads for the past 6 month while I was waiting for my garage to be completed, oh and the house bit too.
The 6 months before that the car had been hidden in one of my dads houses 70 miles from home, so it hadn't had much tlc in that time either, with the exception it was clean and dry and on trickle charge, so now was time for a bit of polish.
As much as I'd love to have the car fully detailed, the only man I'd trust over here gave up detailing to pursue other business ventures, thus I decided to roll the sleeves up. I don't claim to be a detailer, I don't have the know how or patience, the last time I polished a car religiously was 10 years ago when I was 17! So I'm sure some of my methods will give the 'detailers' a giggle, but sure it's cleaner than it started...... Now for a gtrgeof photo overload....... :bored:

I had also just recently bought a ralliart splitter off a forum member, I also had the RS fog delete grilles sitting from another member, so I couldn't wait, I had to fit them first to see how they looked.......

While the bumper was off I cleaned the back of it, ya know, the important bit everyone sees

Also polished pipes and cleaned and treated all plastics etc behind the bumper, understandably the passenger side was worse than driver side

Then I started stripping the bumper to clean the bits you can't get at normal, I also sent off 2 of the brackets to get powder coated as the were hideous.

Before

After

Then the OCD, or daftness, kicked in, and I started removing wee bits and pieces to clean behind, bumper bracket off to clean

Then I thought it would be nice to properly clean out round roof rails,.............. then the door handles, so they came out, then that lead to wing mirrors, that lead to window strips, vents..... and so on

Afew befores

Afters

There was a lot of old polish residue round the door handles etc, so was good to clean that up. Including the wee plastic boyos between handles & doors.

More stripping, bonnet this time

Also stripped the main vent, more dried polish & dirt to be cleaned

On the rebuilddddd.....

Now round the back and fuel cap

Also did silly wee bits of cleaning, like locks before door handles reinstalled

So that's pretty much all paintwork taken care of, clayed, polished, waxed. Next up will probably be wheel arches, wheels, exhaust and then interior etc...... The list seems endless, but sure I've all the time in the world. Stay tuned :D

See less See more
#32 ·
Bit more of an update, only took 2 months to gather up more inspiration! :lol::wallbang:

Arches dried out, looking a lot more respectable

Paid the wheels some attention, removed, cleaned, polished & waxed

Front arch dry after cleaning

Treated

Wheel refitted, tyre slicked.

Did this x4, so scroll to the top of this post and look 3 more times :smthumbup

Random shot

Oh, and then this happened :eek:

#44 ·
Over here we generally have 1 good day a year, this year Northern Ireland's summer is a Monday :coolsm:

Got the intercooler and hard pipes reprinted and re-powdercoated respectively.
They were both in a pretty sorry state, if I'd have realised how bad I probably would have given them a miss, thought I might of been able to bling the intercooler up to polished, but it just wasn't going to be doable. However after some fin straightening, stripping back & painting it turnout out good. Left the pipes to be powdercoated.

Stripped & undercoat

Mid fit

Fitted

Stealth

summer Monday :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.