Lancer Register Forum banner

Any info

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  lucky_ 
#1 ·
Any previous owners or anyone know this car?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...chad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&modal=photos

Also does this mean the brake lines were corroded?
December 2017

MoT MOT Test | 55,893 miles
Fail
Reasons

Nearside Rear Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Offside Rear Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Nearside Rear Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (3.6.B.4e)

Offside Rear Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (3.6.B.4e)

#4 ·
Looks rough in the engine bay, lots of rust. Makes you question what the previous owner was like to think that those wheels looked good.

Looks like it's been kept outside all its life, so then you start to worry about underside rust too.

The 9s are rusting too now not just the older models and some of them can be really bad. Just look on here.

Plus it seems far too cheap, especially from a garage offering a warranty. I wouldn't be suprised though if when you inquire about it they say it's a trade sale so no warranty, although that isn't legally true anymore you do have some come back still but much less than a normal sale.

And I only looked quickly but I didn't see any mention of service history and not just engine oil, AYC can be fragile if it doesn't have it's oils changed often.

Even if you don't buy it come back on here and update the thread with your findings for others who might look at it in the future.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#5 ·
They have a bad rep across this forum (and others). Someone on here posted a review of another evo 9 they took for a test drive, didn’t end well (turbo shagged).

Their evo selection hasn’t moved in years I.e they have been on sale for years.

Though that car does look nice (wheels are terrible), and the mileage is low. You could use the buying guide on the forum, take someone (mechanic) who knows cars / evo’s and look at the car. Price seems reasonable, which is suspicious for a dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.