Lancer Register Forum banner

NORRIS ENGINES......the way ALL ours are built!!

72K views 80 replies 44 participants last post by  Jamesrlew 
#1 · (Edited)
ND have been around for 14 years odd now and have been building engines of all specs during that time, however things took a BIG step forward when David Midgley (Ex 6R4 and formula ford amongst other race engines builder)joined us back in 2001.

I am putting this thread up for people to realise just how good he is and the services we offer in the engine building area. I firmly believe we are the BEST in the Nissan and Evo scene in Europe....which is a big claim, but one I can substantiate. Every engine we build has a unique number which details hundreds of exacting measurements taken within our paper trail. All are built twice (dummy and final build), de-burried, balanced, blueprinted, clearanced etc and have squish/quench optimisation that NO ONE else does/understands!

Based on our experience we really have done it all, from drop in jobs, to 13 to 1 restricted hillclimb engines to 1000Hp engines, to WTAC2012 winning engines/parts in multiple classes, if you want it we've done it. We also develop areas that need attention, such as our dry sump system, this was deemed as essential after extensive testing and we invested tens of thousands into our own kit, of which we've sold 80 and are waiting for the next batch of 40 to be delivered. How many other tuners can say they do that, most buy in and sell on!

We build engines for roads cars, sprint cars, drag cars and full championship winning race cars, infact on average we build some 40 a year all to the same exacting standards! Each customer gets a ND usb stick with many many pitcures of their build along the way and if requested a video of their engine being run on our dyno. The customer doesn't really know the difference bewteen tuners just bolting the engines together and those who "build" them, I felt the time was right to detail this.

ALL our engines come with a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty also, so you have piece of mind after investing your hard earned money! We started this trend many many years ago now.

We also have a Superflow Engine dyno in house and are installing a 4WD Dyno Dynamics rolling road currently. Coupled with our fully equipped workshops with the ability to fit a full weld in roll cage, fabricate bespoke parts, map many ecu systems, build whole race cars, general servicing amongst many many many other things....all under one roof..... we're well placed to help you with all your vehicular needs.

Now much of our work goes to trade customers and/or on an international basis, we have kind of taken our eye off the UK market, so this thread is intended to show people what they really get when buying an engine from ND!

Enjoy the pics guys! ;)

Si

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)

Attachments

#8 ·
Last few for now!

Attachments

#11 ·
This is what sealed the deal for Stephen and I buying the Norris race car, as the whole job was done in house and its been a big job, fully race prepped shell and cage plus all the other bits including full engine build everything is brand spanking new apart from diffs , Si still gives his full 12 months parts and labour warrenty even on his race car builds :eek:

It doesn't come much better than that imo, even if we have an issue next year it all gets sorted under warranty :coolsm:

The fact he lives in a mansion and drives a Lamborghini he must be doing something right :lol:

#14 ·
The fact he lives in a mansion and drives a Lamborghini he must be doing something right :lol:
That's only coz he sells his butt at weekends ;):lol:

I only wish I went to si years ago,instead of CPR :wallbang:

Was only distance from me I went with CPR :wallbang::lol:

But now running a Norris race engine :coolsm::D

Can't fault si for his work:smthumbup

#13 ·
I've known Simon and Dave for many years, and Norris Designs is a company I always recommend when asked 'who can I go to that will build me a reliable engine?'

I've spoken a lot to Dave and seen first hand his wealth of experience and knowledge building engines.

Simon is also my mapper of choice for Motec and I'd say he has more experience than anyone with Evo's.

I don't normally 'big-up' traders, but credit where it's due! :smthumbup

#27 ·
It's good to have confidence in your services and products goes down well with me and if I had an evo You'd probs be at the top of my list with CPP for an engine build as I am a great believer of you pay for what you get!

Your not alone when it comes great technicians and Rnd Litchfield imports have F1 technicians for support and do some cracking Nissan GTR builds! They also invest £0000 in RnD ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.