On the lookout for an X - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Newbie

Old 21-02-2020, 21:40   #1
AdsEvoX

On the lookout for an X

Hi all! So I don't actually own one yet but I'm finally in a position to buy one been out of the car scene and away from forums for a good few years so it's strange to sign up to another.

I've done a bit of research so know to look out for the timing chain, AYC pump issues, rust issues etc.

The "fun" part is trying to find what I'm after and it's proving to be as difficult as expected to be honest. Preferably Rally Red but would settle for blue if it was a good deal, manual, ideally stock power, under 70,000 miles, up to £15k...apart from that I'm fairly open minded I understand the budget is tight for what I want but a few have sprung up over the last few weeks in my price range but haven't been quite right. In talks with one at the moment but it would mean a flight up north and a nice 6+ hour drive home so I'm making sure it's up to standard.
AdsEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-02-2020, 22:34   #2
Aidy
Senior User

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
You might have to get what you're given. It's nice you'd "settle for" the blue, but it's probably the (second) rarest and (second) most sought after colour. Likewise manuals are going to be hard to find also. You just have to keep an eye on the market, there's no silver bullet that will get you what you're after, and if you're fussy about colour and transmission then be prepared to wait even longer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 23:05   #3
AdsEvoX

I'm prepared to wait im in no rush to get one. I've noticed the market is flooded with SST's unfortunately for me with a lot of them being black, silver or orient red but I'm happy to hold out for the right one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-02-2020, 23:10   #4
Aidy
Senior User

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
Orient Red is the only red X, I thought maybe when you said "Rally Red" that's what you erroneously meant.

Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 23:15   #5
AdsEvoX

Is it? From what I've looked up online there's 2 reds, the one being darker than the other. The one I'm looking at is advertised as rally red too.
Old 22-02-2020, 16:43   #6
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
https://www.lancerregister.com/showt...ghlight=orient

Past post were people on here contributed all the X colours known about

Stu

RG Motorsport -

stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 23:41   #7
AdsEvoX

Thank you, it must just be down to quality of pictures and whether the paintwork has been maintained properly then.
Old 28-02-2020, 14:07   #8
liffy16
Senior User

Car: white tommi
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsEvoX View Post
Thank you, it must just be down to quality of pictures and whether the paintwork has been maintained properly then.
The blue always looks better in photos than the red for some reason? A clean orient red in the flesh does look very nice ! well mine did anyway
Old 04-03-2020, 22:05   #9
watercow
Senior User

My Car
I'm selling if you can up your budget or I can try and remove some parts and drop price down a bit. Cheers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184193364010
watercow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 20:04   #10
AdsEvoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by watercow View Post
I'm selling if you can up your budget or I can try and remove some parts and drop price down a bit. Cheers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184193364010
Thanks for the offer but that's way above budget, I've got to keep some money back with a newborn on the way.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdsEvoX For This Useful Post:
watercow (06-03-2020)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: