Lancer Register Forum banner

Farewell to the Evo world

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  stareast 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear MLR friends,
For a long time I have ben consulting the MLR: from 2002 to just now as well as being the proud owner of a Mitsubishi Evolution. For a number of reasons, including some health problems, I have decided to sell my beloved Evo 6 TME at the tender age of 73 as I don't want to compete anymore for the ''oldest Evo driver'' award ! The Evo has just gone today…
It has been a very entertaining period to live with the MLR people with the memory of the early 2000 years with the posts of Moses, Blade, Evo 400 (for the figths !), Claudius (a neighbour who completely disappeared from the Evo scene), Andy RSX, Madmac, Tim Radley, Mr Ralliart, and more….
I had a lot of ups and downs during this years with my Evo growing strong in numbers from 330 HP to approx. 500 hp but also with a lot of ''consumables'': gearboxes, transfer box, clutches, turbos, engine blocks to name a few but never I could go back to more modest outputs; call it addiction to power, yes ! Near the ''Monte-Carlo'' roads I was lucky to enjoy the exhilarating feeling to drive such a beast on mountain roads. From time to time I was dreaming of an automatic gearbox (yes, a sacrilege) or at least for a paddle-shift gearbox. Two or three time per years I could do hill climb demonstrations (closed roads gathering or races for historic vehicles without time keeping), as a ''opener'' (with ''0'' or ''00'' on the doors).
Thanks for all the technical assistance, the good advices, the high spirit and enthusiasm that, I believe, is quite rare in our world and long life to the MLR.
[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, still enjoying the Evo experience at 73! Great going. There were some great posts by the members you mention, how the MLR has changed!!!

I Wish you well for the future & hope the petrol still flows freely through your veins.

#4 ·
What a fantastic write up you’ve done OP. I rarely post but often read. What you’ve spoken about in your post and all the experiences you’ve shared, has really had a positive impact on me and I’m sure, many others here.

It seems like a wise tutor I once knew was right. He said many many times-
“You’ve got to look after each other. Don’t stay isolated. Stay together. And look after each other.”

Thanks for the great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
So lovely to read such a positive post even if tinged with sadness that you have had to leave the MLR family... It certainly has been an entertaining & informative forum over the years & one we're grateful to have been part of :smthumbup:coolsm::mitsi:
I hope you keep the octane spirit going & still manage to enjoy cars in general ... :D:thumbup:

#14 ·
Initially I have been looking for a classic car like a Jaguar Mk2 or eventually an American car from the mid-50 (do you know the Jay Leno's Roadmaster Buick ?), I was thinking, yes it would go slower than the Evo and not be as stressful but what about the thrill of driving ... Then second step what about an old car but still a modern car ! After a while I thougth what about a modern Porsche, a 911/996 could be affordable these days but not a standard one or a turbo: too heavy, not so nice for a ''real'' driver . It could only be a ''GT3''; years ago I came as a passenger on a short circuit in one and I found it quite attractive with an excellent braking. Yes but these 996 have an ugly face , let's look at the 911/997. I checked the price quotation and was looking for one 997 GT3.
After testing a first 997 GT3 phase 2 (with the 3.8 l engine) I fiinally choose a 911/997 GT3 Rs Phase 1 (with the 3.6 l engine) at just 36,000 km with all the options (+ a set of ligthweigth wheels, carbon discs, new clutch, Brembo track discs +Pagid RS 29).
It will take a while to master the roadhandling but it is a nice machine definitively not as fast as the Evo on Alpine roads but it has also a reputation for being a very strong construction.
[/URL][/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.