Lancer Register Forum banner

9 FQ360 Introduced When?

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Netcom 
#1 ·
I can see that the 9 FQ300/320/340 was introduced during the first half of 2005 but when did the FQ360 appear.

The reason I ask is that I have just bought an FQ360 which was registered at the end of June 2005 but most info I have seen, was the model being introduced in 2006 but I may stand to be corrected.:confused:

#5 ·
Many thanks I also viewed the review which made me think why being registered in late June 2005 how it could have been a 360.

My Evo has the FQ360 external badges and has the FQ360 plaque numbered 184.
Also have the carbon front splitter and vortex rear. Engine shows as having HKS hard pipe. In 2010 a mongoose decat was fitted so don't know if it replaced a sports cat. Just unsure about the gauges as a single large aftermarket Pro Sport boost gauge was reto fitted and the wheels are now 5 spoke Rotas. I have the history insofar as all servicing for the first two years were done by Rampage and some further history was with Southgate of Romsey..however they no longer exist so I cannot check.

Can anybody shed more light on the subject other than the obvious of it being a lesser FQ made to look like a 360 and having to take it on the rollers.

#8 ·
Honestly, assuming it started life as an FQ car, does it really matter anymore?

If the car has all the parts, badges and maps of an FQ-360, then it pretty much is one. It's just been upgraded to one by someone other than Colt Cars.

It's not like it's a fundamentally different car to any other of the IX FQ cars. The differences are only cosmetic and minor performance. So if you've fitted those cosmetics and minor performance parts, you've got yourself an FQ-360 to everyone but CCC. :shrug:

#10 ·
but thats just it ,it seems it didnt start life as an FQ so the gezzers bought a duff steer ,for all we know it could be a standard GSR ,i bet these days a genuine 360 is a rare bird and quite sort after

again as with allot of cars the new owner asks now AFTER the fact ,the deals done and dusted and the owners left with a car thats not what he wanted and more than likly payed MORE for

this forum above all has a VAST amount of info with still ALLOT of good guys who know there onions when it comes to these cars but still folk get knipped when buying

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.