Lancer Register Forum banner

Red Tommi Mak (W4 MAK) For Sale

15K views 68 replies 39 participants last post by  turbogal 
#1 ·
Regrettable Sale of my Red Tommi Mak (W4 MAK) well known by Gaz @ CPP as he used to own it. Private plate comes with the car.

Imported in March 2000, car comes with 12 Months MOT (with zero advisories) 6 Months Tax. New Battery Last week. Car is HPI clear, and there is no outstanding finance on it.

Mileage 49000, Fully documented service history, Last Service this week by Gaz @ CPP on 19th April. Recent Cambelt change in 2013 by TRL

Car will be at Oulton Park this Saturday the 26th on the MLR stand at the sprint series if anyone would like to view it (if not sold)

Engine
Uprated 255 walbro fuel pump
Full true 3" Turbo back de cat exhaust
Apexi Induction kit
Exedy Twin plate clutch
Forge uprated intercooler
Remap by TRL at a safe 354BHP with Graph.

Brakes
Refurbished Calipers,
Uprated Carbotech grooved discs
Carbotech XP8 pads.
ATE Super Blue racing brake fluid

Suspension
Tein Lowering Springs
Ralliart Top Mounts
Fast road setup by Gaz @ CPP

Exterior
Recent Full Detail
New stripe kit from Lee @ FCM Motorsport
HID Xenon Kit

Security
Sigma Alarm/Immobiliser
Tracker

Contact
Stuart.wood603@ntlworld.com
07793 719 945
or PM on here

Price
£12,500

See less See more
#22 · (Edited)
Yes really. It's all been covered in detail before.

Red Makinens were the only Evo's up to that point with body colour door tops. They all came with the stripes, but the car could be ordered without them fitted in which case they were put in the glove box along with the rest of the stickers.
They all had black door handles but body coloured mirrors.

The red Makinen was a limited edition run of 212, they were all the same appearance wise.
They all came with the white center section of the rear wing, but could be optioned with the Carbon fibre one (not that I have ever seen one).

#68 ·
yes really. It's all been covered in detail before.

red makinens were the only evo's up to that point with body colour door tops. They all came with the stripes, but the car could be ordered without them fitted in which case they were put in the glove box along with the rest of the stickers.
They all had black door handles but body coloured mirrors.

The red makinen was a limited edition run of 212, they were all the same appearance wise.
They all came with the white center section of the rear wing, but could be optioned with the carbon fibre one (not that i have ever seen one).
just so you gguys know if the chassis is "sngf 2" then it was released with the red stripes and black door handles without the "2"at the end it comes with no stripes decal.

#24 ·
After searching there seems to be loads of different Maks with both black and red trims/handles,

Most fitted with the stickers have black handles and red trims and most without stickers have red handles and black trims,

It must have been an option from factory IMO as there are just too many with different colours to have all been painted

Back on topic
Gorgeous Mak
GLWTS

#25 ·
Yes, people paint them. Dealers may even have done it at request. Why is that so hard to fathom?

The ADM ones were the same as any other in this regard. The factory only made them one way, especially these red ones. It was not an option...

Why people want to argue over these things is beyond me. There was another thread about just this only recently.
Myself or others have backed up things like this many times with documentation / factory original pictures / brochures or whatever, then a few months later someone else comes along and wants to argue just because Joe down the road has something that looks different, or they saw a random pic on the net somewhere of a car taken 10 years after it was manufactured... Sometimes I wonder why I even bother lol. Doesn't seem worth the effort.

And yes, it takes nothing away from the beautiful car for sale here.

#29 ·
Yes, people paint them. Dealers may even have done it at request. Why is that so hard to fathom?

The ADM ones were the same as any other in this regard. The factory only made them one way, especially these red ones. It was not an option...

Why people want to argue over these things is beyond me. There was another thread about just this only recently.
Myself or others have backed up things like this many times with documentation / factory original pictures / brochures or whatever, then a few months later someone else comes along and wants to argue just because Joe down the road has something that looks different, or they saw a random pic on the net somewhere of a car taken 10 years after it was manufactured... Sometimes I wonder why I even bother lol. Doesn't seem worth the effort.

And yes, it takes nothing away from the beautiful car for sale here.
Get off your high horse!! Free bump for A very nice Mak. :thumbup:

#26 ·
When I bought a Red Tommi a few years ago, I started to collect anything Tommi Makinen related I could find . This included marketing posters from Japan , England and Australia . In every single poster, brochure or leaflet I have, every Red Mak with the stripes fitted has got black door handles and red window surrounds .

Either way they are all stunning , especially this one ! good luck with the sale she's a beauty :smthumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.