Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 6 gsr+

11K views 61 replies 13 participants last post by  patta 
#1 ·
So this is my first venture with Mitsubishi I have previously owned a pulsar GTIR, skyline R33 GTST, EP82 & EP91 starlet turbo, EK9 and unfortunately an MX5 [emoji23]

So this is my evo 6 GSR
Scotia white
106kms
Fully rebuilt brake callipers
Bridgestone potenza 003 tyres
Tomei shift knob
Gay as you like air freshener

Stock as far as I know except a cat back exhaust which isn't loud and sounds very subtle.

My plans are just tidy it up and subtlety mod it without going too far and blowing it up, the car is booked in next Friday at Richard Henrey motorsport which is local to me for a full box and diff service and engine oil service.

I'm looking for an intake so any advice would be appreciated, I also have a odyssey pc680 battery spare which I will throw in over summer

Enjoy the photos so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah man she’s a clean one, got a little tapping noise coming from the box I believe, when I dip the clutch it stops, but the car drives faultless so I’m thinking it has a twin plate, I also think the bonnet is fibreglass

#17 ·
Haha cheers man, she's a legend is my mum, I've started on the intake refurb today at work, managed to scotch up the surface and remove any oil deposit from the inside, I've left the HKS filter insert in some break cleaner to lift the oil and jdm flies [emoji23], I will paint the whole thing black tomorrow and figure out how to relocate the battery a little higher in the bay

#18 · (Edited)

Started the repaint on the intake and decided to use the washing machine and sort out that awful dirty filter before our lass gets home and realises I do know how to use it [emoji23]

I decided to paint the mesh dome & the maf housing adapter also and keep it all looking really clean and simple.

More photos to come

#20 ·

Came out just as planned and you wouldn't think it was used at all it looks new, so I'll get this fitted tomorrow and see how she sounds, might replace the barbs and vac hose tomorrow with some fresh stuff, ended up having some random silicone hoses laying around that happen to fit the intake nicely

#29 ·
So

Boost issues occurred and the car has stopped making power for now, the actuator is really rusty and from the following photos you can see how brittle and old the majority of the engine bay wires and pipes are.

So I decided to tidy up the fuel injector loom with some p clips and some nice hex head m5 and made a new earth cable from the battery to the body as the original one had split open down the middle and looked awful

#31 ·
So the car went into Richard henreys for a full fluid change and to investigate the boost issue

All was looking well until I received this ....

So something has gone through there I think but no sign of anything in the cooler or engine, so I called my pals at JAP PERFORMANCE PARTS UK for a replacement and ended up with a super low mileage evo 8 turbo and an evo 9 recirculation valve. I got to fitting it straight away and it runs better than ever and feels so much more responsive than it ever did.

Also managed to turn my thumb into a vagina with a saw

I believe there was an issue with the turbo from purchase, so I called the garage and they have paid me for the turbo so it's cost me a little bit of blood and that's it :D

Thanks for looking

#32 · (Edited)
Cars in today at norton tuning solutions for a 3 port boost Selanoid a decat pipe fuel pump fitting and a remap, yesterday I repainted some stuff under the bonnet including the exhaust manifold cover and the power steering cover and the vents on the bonnet.

I visited Simon last week at norton for a check up and to inspect my rough idle issue Last and he found a few issues.

replaced my injector seals
Rebuilt my throttle body
New isle control valve
Replaced a few vac hoses

So today it should make some good power with the evo 8 turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.