Lancer Register Forum banner

R5 gt turbo to evo6

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  evo baz 
#1 ·
Hello i've been into r5 gt's for last ten years but always wanted an evo since i first set eyes on a 6 back in 2000, so last week i bought a reims blue 6 from extreme and wish i'd bought one sooner:D i still love r5's but i just felt to old in one at 34 years old, so i'll be searching and asking Mlr members in my search for mods+power:D

#6 ·
Hello, yes 5's are good fun its like hav'in a go kart with a roof:lol:I rebuilt the engine myself(its so easy to work on a 1.4 push rod engine:lol:)i used k-tec racing for my parts, cam, head, tubular manifold, carb, intercooler and then fitted a T28 at 21psi it recorded 211bhp-191lbs torque at weston motorsport rolling road(if r/r give true figures?) never had any trouble other than clutch giving up every two years or so:D 4,000rpm with the T28 all hell would break out if you can get the front wheels to grip:lol:

#12 ·
Thanks, i've just bought my first parts for the car :D some red mud flaps, and i fancy some new back lights i'm not over struck on lexus style ones:) other than that i'm well pleased with the car its a pleasure to drive. i'll try and get some pics up on my profile of the car with parts fitted and a couple of my r5 gtt:smthumbup

#13 ·
well im totally new my self hopefully i will be getting my evo 6 on saturday its a sliver gsr looks very nice.i had a R5 for 10 years my self was really good fun did it up 2 the max the whole lot loved it was my pride n joy but allways had a soft spot 4 evo 6 so i cnt wait 2 get my own.test drove 1 last week n really enjoyed it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.