Lancer Register Forum banner

List your MAX bhp/torque running on standard blocks here

78K views 200 replies 82 participants last post by  Mr Ralliart 
#1 ·
Morning all, after reading so many threads on here about the so called 'MAX' power a standard evo 5 6 7 8 9 bottom end (ie crank, rods, pistons etc) can take and all the aguments that go with it, i thought i would ask the questions:

Who is running the max bhp/torque on a stock blocked evo?

1. Max bhp/torque figure with dyno graph
2. How long has it been running that power and how many miles?
3. Whats it's main use? (track car or road car)
4. Who mapped the car?
5. Engine spec? (include what evo standard block it is)

There we go guys get posting :smthumbup
Could make some interesting reading

My specs to start the ball rolling:
1. 474.2bhp 415lbft see my car for graph
2. Been running that power for 8 months and 7000miles
3. Mainly a road car with a couple track days a year
4. enginetuner.co.uk
5. Stock blocked evo IX with TT S205 turbo (@1.7bar) running 50/50 water/meth injection (see my car for full spec)

Kind regards Andy

See less See more
#62 · (Edited)
Who mapped that, and how close to the edge do you regard it? What turbo? If that spec is current, that's a lot of hp and torque.

I've got significantly more going on with mine mods wise ( including Mivec head! ), and came away with 381 / 360. Not complaining, just interested, especially as my knocklink registers lift off det during gearchanges.

#72 ·
i was running my standard engine with standard internals with a evo 9 turbo and 272 kelfod cams at around 430bhp not sure exact figures at 2 bar

ran it for 2 years maybe a little less :) untill i upgraded engine then

but was always fine and no running issues x

all my work indigo gt done x

#73 ·
def question here (well hopefully swont be) but what the peak torque that people have run with stock interals? My thinking is that torque has a very close relation to the combution presures and its normaly these that cause bent rods or blown pistons (correct me if im wrong). My thinking is if you could find a turbo kit / engine config that could hold the torque curve for longer then the power would keep climbing. Obviously you might have to sacrifice a little low responce, and you would need a pretty trick boost controler as boost would be constantly changing through the RPM band.

#74 ·
All this talk about boost is silly if you do not have the car dynoed and know exactly what bhp and torque the car was/is pushing.

I have seen many cars run 2 bar on 500 bhp turbo kits while only making if 400bhp to put it into prospective.

#77 ·
I have seen nothing of such and I find it very hard to believe the difference of a 100bhp on the same boost through the same turbo, 50bhp I can accept and mostly due to cams and very mild mapping. Now on an inappropriate or faulty setup that is a different story.

But on a well setup car there is no chance in hell you will get less than 500bhp @ 2 bar from a 500+ turbo either bolt on or full kit. What is the point of that? Running big boost but not getting the power , what for ?

Marios

#78 ·
That is my point, how do you know if you never had it dynoed.

#79 ·
hi

hi i have read ur threads and the mag feature you had you seem the man witha good head on his shoulders
ive had few evos would you agree with all these comments would you say that the standard block will take this power???/
it seems that with the graphs shown a standard block will run over 400bhp
its just i hear that 400/380tq is max

#81 ·
a std block can take up to 450bhp and 430lbs of torque all day long without any issues whatsoever, if the mapping is done properly ;)

Marios

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.