Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 8 260 bog standard

724 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mecheng46 
#1 ·
So I recently acquired an evo 8 260 (if it’s a real evo is a question for another thread!!)

Took to auto torque who fitted new clutch, lightened fly wheel, and done an ayc and diff fluid change along with an mot (with no advisories), cambelt done last year and less than 500 miles ago along with full service.

Car has covered 40k miles and is totally standard!! Even has original exhaust, no gauges etc, only mod is a tracker fitted.

Bodywork needs some tlc but nothing major, not sure if I want to sell, and certainly in no rush to if I do decide to go that way.

But is it worth putting stage one mods (injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, 3 port solenoid etc) or just leaving as is?

What’s do people think an evo in this condition is worth? Underside is original with no rust.

Thoughts welcome

#2 ·
First thoughts... Thread needs pictures

Second thoughts... probably need to see pictures to give best feedback on value?

:)

Reactions: Ads9
#6 ·
Will get pics up, but Just needs some tlc, a good machine polish and I think that will make a huge difference, and a touch up here and there. Not perfect but most likely me being overly fussy, easy to make a really nice example

I have a 6 That is my keeper, that I’m doing nuts and bolts restore on

The 8 I bought purely as it was a good deal, I know the car, and not sure if to keep and use Just to keep the evo bug alive or sell on, should I mod it short term and enjoy it just leave as is and enjoy?!?!

Deffo will keep all the parts etc.

It reasonable condition (I know it’s Bette than that) what do you think it’s worth??

Like I say big standard 260, fish, hpi clear blah blah 40k on the clock

#9 ·
Depending if it's a bit shabby with shabby wheels, etc - maybe 8k??? Maybe a bit more?

This thread still needs pictures. You haven't even said what colour it is yet.

Slàinte Mhath

Mark H

PS - I'm nosing around at the market at the moment and seriously considering another Evo, so kinda know what's selling and what isn't at what asking prices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.