Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 6 RS - @petee134

9K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  JOHNDQ 
#1 · (Edited)
Evo 6 RS - Time to Sell

Hi all,

Welcome to my thread for my Evo 6 RS.
This is my first Evo, and I feel I definitely made the right choice.

With the help from my friend we shortlisted a few potential cars.
It had to be either a 4/5/6 as I prefer the styling, and if possible a freshly imported car.

We located this stunner at JM Imports. Imported in September 2016.
With a bit of negotiating she was mine.

She came mapped by Evotune at a healthy 353bhp and 350lbs Torque.
Sitting on HKS coilovers, Japspeed exhaust, GTR fuel pump with the full standard RS interior and Nardi steering wheel.
They had also uprated the lowr control arms, uprated the rear diff bolts and fully undersealed her.

Upon getting her home, I quickly swapped out the old Nardi for my preferred OMP Corsica steering wheel.
Much better feel, and sits a bit closer to you when your behind the wheel.

Took her out for a few runs with the mates, and grabbed some of the below photos.

She has been purchased with the plan to strip out the interior, drop in some bucket seats and attend a few weekend track days, shows and enjoy some proper weekend driving.

See less See more
#11 ·
6 RS looks lovely! Are you looking to sell the interior when you strip it? If so then give me a pm as looking to put my 6 RS back to standard.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you.
I have stripped out the interior now, but I wasn't planning to sell it.
Was aiming to try and keep it in case I ever get to selling the car.
If I change my mind though I will let you know.

#13 ·
Interioe Stripped - Buckets In

After spending what seemed like an age trying to find bucket seats which would fit my lanky frame (6'6'') I purchased a pair of Sparco Grid II.

I also got the OMP Side Mounts, rails and floor mount to go with.
I soon discovered with the rails on I need to cut a few inches off my neck so they came back off.
So I now have fixed bucket seats. :naughty:

The original interior seats have been ripped out, and by ripped I mean carefully removed, packaged and put into storage.
I did discover though that the previous owner had left the eyelet bolts from where they have previously had harnesses fitted.

Is such a godsend having seats which actually support you from the shoulders down.
I still need to tweak slightly, as I feel I'm still sitting too high. However I am on the lowest setting on the side rails.

Has anyone else discovered this issue? What did you do to resolve, or can you suggest an alternative side mount?

However steps closer to the race car I want.

Also, got my brakes on order. K Sports for the win.
8 pot, 330mm Front
4 pot, 330mm Back
:smthumbup

#14 ·
Im in the same boat with some Sparco Evo 3's! Im 17 stone so I need the room! :lol:

I have some Bride low mounts but they won't fit my seat as its too wide, Im hoping to mod them. I do have some OMP bases too which I've not fitted as I'm told they will be high.

How close the the roof are you? Is it silly high? I'm 5'11 so you have a few inches on me :lol:

After spending what seemed like an age trying to find bucket seats which would fit my lanky frame (6'6'') I purchased a pair of Sparco Grid II.

I also got the OMP Side Mounts, rails and floor mount to go with.
I soon discovered with the rails on I need to cut a few inches off my neck so they came back off.
So I now have fixed bucket seats. :naughty:

The original interior seats have been ripped out, and by ripped I mean carefully removed, packaged and put into storage.
I did discover though that the previous owner had left the eyelet bolts from where they have previously had harnesses fitted.

Is such a godsend having seats which actually support you from the shoulders down.
I still need to tweak slightly, as I feel I'm still sitting too high. However I am on the lowest setting on the side rails.

Has anyone else discovered this issue? What did you do to resolve, or can you suggest an alternative side mount?

However steps closer to the race car I want.

Also, got my brakes on order. K Sports for the win.
8 pot, 330mm Front
4 pot, 330mm Back
:smthumbup

#17 ·
Love the RS's - welcome! I'm 6'4 and have a huge amount of room above my head. I have sparco Evo2's which are fixed without any runners to sit on. Not sure 8's are different in terms of height, but I could actually adjust them lower too. I got the bride fixed rails from Ross Sport.

#21 ·
I had the same issue fitting my Recaro PP, I didn't want to start cutting and welding without really knowing the outcome and perhaps risking safety so I bought HKS Kansai rails and it's a perfect fit ( I'm 6.2) also adjustable should anyone else drive the car, not cheap tho at nearly £400 for the pair.

I have a a Recaro seat rail that may help you, i would be happy to send it to you and if no good you can send it back if you want to try, it owes me £80 so not too bad. Don't really care about selling the part but if you want to give it a try let me know.:thumbup:

#22 · (Edited)
I should be okay without the rails.
But thank you.

I had a great time at Japfest. So much fun on track. Literally SO much.
Basically I want to become a race driver. Haha. Though clearly I'm not anywhere near that standard yet. But the bug is set now.

Going to speak to my friend about knocking up some custom mounts for the seats as he does a lot of custom parts for cars. With a helmet on I was a bit uncomfortable due to the added height.
So definitely need to sort the seats out before another track day.

Also I recently purchased a large break kit.
K Sports. 8 pot front. 4 pot rear. 330mm discs.
I feel this should provide sufficient stopping omph for any bigger power plans down the line.

Also, fitted the new 17" before Japfest. In prep for bigger brakes.
Think the colour suits the car as well.

#26 ·
I want to increase the power to around 550bhp. Looking at a potential Norris Design rod drop job. Also want to fit an aftermarket ECU (most likely a Link) and then also have a true Anti Lag System installed along with launch control. :smthumbup
Probably something I'll look to do over the winter months so I can have the car off the road without missing it.

Then it will all be aero and chassis work.

The crazy idea in my head is to turn it into a two seater track/time attack car.
Not for pure competition, but to be able to throw it in the mix and have fun with it.

Want to use the car for what she was intended for.
Functional speed, and scaring the crap out of me. Haha. :lol:

#31 ·
Evo 6 RS - Time Attack UK Prep

So after much deliberation and wildish dream plans of building all types of Evo...
I signed up to compete in the Time Attack UK Championship.

Logic next step I know...

My reasoning is simple. Where else will I get an opportunity to run my car as hard legally?
So I have been doing some prep work over winter to get her ready for the test day in March at Cadwell Park.

I am aiming for the Clubman Class. Either Clubman + (I expect due to the increase power of my car over standard) or Club 4wd (but I feel she is not modified enough to fall into this category.)

I have been working on stripping back my interior even more so as the only regulations are I need to maintain the original dashboard and have 2 seats fitted. You can run without a roll cage in the Clubman Classes.
So anything else spare is coming out.

Remaining list of jobs:
Fit rear brake kit
Fit new suspension set up (Meister R GT1-CR)
Tyres (Regulation Pirelli Trofeo R's)
Fit Safety Harnesses

Once I have figured out a new photo sharing option (what's the deal with Photobucket??) I will try to get some progress pictures up and then some images from the events themselves once they roll round.
I imagine I will see some other members there as well.

Plus I can finally scratch the itch of pretending to be a professional racing driver. Haha.

#33 ·
Mitsubishi Evo 6 RS - Time to Sell

Hi all,

Small update.
I have decided to sell my Evo 6 RS.

After enjoying it as best I could during 2018 in Time Attack (and having way to much fun in doing so) I cannot use the car this year as much as I would like and need to become a sensible adult and ''save'' some money.

So the Evo is up for sale.

I have just posted up a proper for sale ad in the relevant forum area with all the details of the car.

I have really enjoyed owning this car. It has definitely been the best JDM car I have owned, and the decision to do Time Attack was the right thing as I got to enjoy the car at the limit (my limits) on track.

Wish I could have been a bit more active in this community as I have meet some great people through the car and Time Attack, but I am sure there are a whole load more who I never got to meet.

Thanks.
TA Snet 2018-4 1416 by Peter Hunt, on Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.