Lancer Register Forum banner

One New Car, Five Days and 1700 Miles...

70K views 308 replies 88 participants last post by  squeakyclean32 
#1 · (Edited)
Note the complete thread upto the start of 2017 had to be edited (217 photos worth) in August 2017 due to Photobuckets change of terms and conditions which prevented all the images from showing.

So I've finally picked the new Car up :D

I travelled down to Devon on Thursday via train, it was a journey that was well worth waiting for .....

Lovely :googoo:

With no time to spare i was soon on my way back up to Yorkshire, i called in at Taunton for a new sat nav as my old one was lost somewhere in the recent house move, and an adaptor lead for the new stereo i had back at home. This little detour took a while longer than i anticipated but it was one worth taking, the next few days would certainly be a challenge without them both!

Dam it's good to be back in an Evo!

I arrived back home for 10pm, swiftly packed a weekend away bag and hit the sack. At 4am the alarm woke me - time once again for a long drive. This time to Folkstone and the Channel Tunnel. Our lass commented on how different the docks at Dover looked, i haddnt told her i had changed the crossing and she'd had her head in a book all the way down :mhihi: "They must have sacked all the old workers" she commented as we passed through the barriers :crackup:

I passed the time by fitting the new stereo...

After a short while it was our turn to board the train .... suffice to say i got a real earful when she realised i'd been having her all along and we were'nt really at Dover :naughty:

The crossing was good, first time for us both on the train and it wont be the last, quite impressive indeed. I chatted with another Evo owner who was in the next carriage and before i knew it the train was starting to slow at the end of its journey.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The drive through France went well, Belgium the same and soon we were well into Germany, new car going well, suns out, happy days...

When you cross this bridge you know theres not far to go...

And it wasnt long until we arrived at our junction...

After a nights stay in Hockenheim it was time to head for the track, My good friend Alex had been racing the day previous and we were calling in to see him. Lots of nice cars to be seen....

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:coolsm::coolsm::coolsm:

#3 · (Edited)
We watched some of the drift action...

Before long it was time to pack up so we left Alex and his lads to it....

...... it was time to head off to out next destination....

Photo opportunity on the way to the Hotel...

Our usual hotel restaurant had been re-vamped and also has new staff..... not the same as it used to be :shake: The bar area and restaurant are leased out, for several years it was the same people in there and it was great been greeted by them, they all knew my name and it was like home from home. No more i'm sorry to say :(

Food was nice enough, but not the same atmosphere for sure :( Everything comes to an end.

What a beautiful view - i could never tire of seeing this....

Went for a drink in the Pistenklause and what's this we find parked outside - another TME! Wow :smthumbup

Next day and a short drive into Adenau looking for somewhere to by an SD card seen as i'd managed to misplace both of the ones i'd packed!

No luck in finding one but never mind, the iphone will have to do, its done OK so far. We decided to head back upto the 'ring car park - i told our lass i'd park up and we'd just walk around for abit - take in the atmosphere and what not. Sucker ...... Few turns later and i had a chance to take this shot...

:D

But what a farce all the queuing to get off track. I'd forgotten how pathetic and tedious it is. Good for photos mind.

Later we spectated at Brunchen, this poor guy wasnt having much luck...

Beats me how he lost it, he just swapped ends going into Brunchen and hit the barriers half backwards which the threw the nose of the car around into the barriers too :wallbang:

We had a right laugh at this guy. Stood watching the action and all of a sudden the BM pulls up and the passenger gets out. He bends over and doesnt look in too good a shape. The next moment he turns around and projectile vomits over the armco :eek: Well the crowd roars with laughter.... and even more so when the driver gets out to help him ..... its only a bird in a short skirt and high heels - well talk about laugh. It was hysterical!!

It now turns out it was a setup - but a bloody funny one... Video here -

That night we headed to the Pistenklause for a meal. As per the last few times service was total crap, and this time the food was also a joke! Last time ever! No seriously, i've said the same the last two times we've been, so no more. It ends here. No more Pistenklause. Well, on a busy weekend anyway :blush:

As always all good things come to an end and the next morning was home time. Cheesy shot beneath the Nurburgring sign and we were away.....

I was slightly annoyed as i planned to cavity wax the box sections under the car when i got home and the car haddnt seen water since setting off from Japan two months previous....

But by Belgium the roads were starting to dry and it wasnt long before the sun was out....

And so draws the close to our 'Ring trip of 2015. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. It was very tiring but enjoyable all the way...

I'll end the thread with three pictures, the first one is the mileage on the clocks Monday evening - it goes back to zero at 1000 miles so total distance since picking the car up Thursday had been 1708.7 miles :naughty:

The last two i have paid for i simply love these shots. Me and the (now 2yrs on ex-)wife enjoying quality time together - now this is what life is about!

Cheers :smthumbup

#14 ·
Thanks for sharing, the write up and pics captures what evo life's all about, and good to see you back in the fold.

Brings back memories when I first met you and my first ever trip to the Ring back in 07, you were staying in the next apartment when you had the black beast with the twin exhaust....great times back then:thumbup:

Gona be heading over very soon me thinks:smthumbup.

Reactions: RichW
#34 ·
Nice one.

How did you find it dealing with those people in Devon ?
Fantastic!

Utterly :coolsm: from start to finish. Tme looks immaculate, I've heard nothing but good things about torque gt's car :smthumbup
Yep - all look good and from what i can see all genuine auction graded cars.

Hope you don't mind an impertinent question RichW, but would you mind pm'ing me what Torque GT charged you for their service. No worries if not.
YHPM :)

WOW :D:D well done Rich, its a beauty, whats the total mileage on it ?
Thanks, i think so too :cool: She just tipped 80,000 miles during the trip. I would have liked a lower mileage but a) the prices are soaring on these b) its the bodywork that is most important to me. I've seen cars with half the mileage with more rust on them. This one is incredible, more so given the mileage.

See my website http://www.evolutionize.co.uk/my-tommi-makinen.html for information regarding the car and the service with Torque GT.

I'll be taking some decent pic's once i've given her a proper cleaning session. That wont be happening though until she's fully cavity waxed, some point next week all being well.

:D

#24 ·
Awesome Rich :coolsm: looks like a brilliant weekend :smthumbup

Reactions: RichW
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.