Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum - View Single Post - One New Car, Five Days and 1700 Miles...
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2015, 09:09   #64
RichW

Car: E6 GSR -> E9GT -> e46 M3 -> M3 CSL -> E6 RSII / M-Sport BMW / GIXXER 750 K5
My Car
So the Dehumidifier arrived yesterday afternoon

I had it running over night in the garage next to the Evo

Checked how much water it had removed from the air this morning....

So i need to plug some gaps between the garage doors i think. I guess the amount of water it will remove from the air will lessen as the moisture is drawn out of everything in there. Looking at energy usage, it has three modes, fast dry, eco dry, and auto, which toggles between the two to keep humidity between 50% - 60%. Now zero rust can occur at 55% humidity so thats where we need to be.

Running costs i've just looked at this morning. Not cheap i have to say when running 24/7;

Eco = 330 watts - 10.91p p/KWh = 23.57 pcm
Fast = 580 watts - 10.91 p/KWh = 45.56 pcm

Lets hope its not running on Fast all the time

I have a humidity meter arriving early next week so will be able to read exactly what is happening in there. I did plan to have it on a timer but the unit needs to run on for two minutes after you turn it off so thats not happening unfortunately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RichW; 10-08-2017 at 16:49..
RichW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichW For This Useful Post:
Mita (25-06-2015)