Lancer Register Forum banner

Smoky Lancer 2.0 DiD - help and advice please?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  grants 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I've had this issue for a while now so hope that someone can shed some light on what I might do to fix the issue...here goes.

I own a 2010 Lancer Juro 2.0D - it's done 76k, has been serviced at all intervals. I purchased it about 2 years ago and it has ran beautifully for the initial year and a bit but, towards the end of last summer, I noticed that it ran fine but then started to stutter and emitted loads of smoke - and I mean clouds - from the exhaust. I had a check of all of the air intake pipes and decided after doing a few checks and research that I should also replace the MAF sensor which I did. It ran well for a while but, whilst on holiday in April, the symptoms started again so I took the connector off the MAF sensor and it has been running OK(apart from the expected engine light from not having the MAF sensor connected) - a bit sluggish than normal but certainly better than when it stutters and smokes like a Victorian Steam Train!

Over the summer I've re-checked the intake pipes and actually the whole air system for split pipes and even swapped out the MAF sensor for the old one I kept but to no avail.

I guess I could be really unlucky and have two faulty MAF sensors but my instinct tells me it is more than this and I just wanted to check if anyone out there has had similar issues like this and what they have done to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Sorry - I didn't know for sure that the original MAF was faulty but swapping it out for a new one was one of the potential solutions that this forum suggested.

I have to presume that the new one is a good working unit and only changed it back to check that the outcome was the same - it was!

#5 ·
Sorry, should have said, when it stutters and blows out smoke - it doesn't trigger a fault code. It only does this when I remove the MAF sensor plug.

With the greatest of respect - I was swapping things out blindly, I was trying to identify the problem.

Wow - they are a bit edgy on here - just looking for some friendly advice! :shake:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.