Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum (https://www.lancerregister.com//index.php)
-   MLR Platinum Option Trader: Norris Designs (https://www.lancerregister.com//forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   ND Con Rod Offer........STILL ON! (https://www.lancerregister.com//showthread.php?t=197031)

Norris Designs 31-03-2008 17:56

ND Con Rod Offer........STILL ON!

As listed in the title we are offering the supply and fitment of forged steel conrods in your engine retaining the std pistons. (Evo 6 - 9)

This has been run by many of our customers up to a proven 550Hp with no issues. It suits many people who are now pushing the limits of the std rods and are waiting for the inevitable failure.

The price is 1099 + Vat which includes;

Manley H Beam Forged Steel Conrod Set (Rated 600Hp Max)
Std Replacement Headgasket (E8 MR On)
All Labour & Required Fluids/Gaskets
Machining Of Std Pistons To Accept Floating Pins

Also the below extras can be added if required;

Cosworth 1.3mm Metal Head Gasket +88 + Vat or ND head gasket 75 + Vat
ARP Head Stud Kit +114 +Vat or ND L19/H11 Head stud kit 229 + Vat
New Cambelt/Balance Belt & Fitting Labour +119 +Vat

Call or email us to book yourself in.

Thanks

Simon

Edited: Other Parts Options & New prices based on exchange rate

osgee 07-04-2008 23:50

what we price we looking at for pistons to be added to that kit?

Thanks
Oli

Norris Designs 08-04-2008 09:32

The price to fit the pistons would be included but we do not sell drop in pistons and don't really advise it unless the piston is sized specifically for the bore. If the customer decides this is the way they want to go then we will do it at their risk.

Cheers

Si

BHP 08-04-2008 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norris Designs (Post 1952672)
The price to fit the pistons would be included but we do not sell drop in pistons and don't really advise it unless the piston is sized specifically for the bore. If the customer decides this is the way they want to go then we will do it at their risk.

Cheers

Si

Another great deal Si :smthumbup

I have a vision of my car being wheeled into your workshops for a set of rods and cams before the end of the year :D

Ken

Norris Designs 08-04-2008 10:02

Thanks Ken.....we like cars being wheeled into the workshop! :)

andy i 08-04-2008 10:03

Waiting for my bike to sell, hopefully this deal will still be on then:naughty:

Red Devil 08-04-2008 10:05

Whats the turn around time on the rod conversion Simon?

Norris Designs 08-04-2008 10:11

Andy i - This deal will be on for the forseable future so don't worry.

Red Devil - We like to have 5 working days if possible, it can be done in 3 if totally necessary though.

Cheers

Si

andy i 08-04-2008 11:44

good to hear Simon:smthumbup:smthumbup

osgee 08-04-2008 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norris Designs (Post 1952672)

Cheers

Si

Good advice, Thanks for that:smthumbup

So to bore the block and fit pistons of your spec would be lot more?

Im currently looking at this to be done around August time, just like to cover all aspects. weather it would be worth getting new pistons or not, as the block is open, rather than getting them re-done in the future.

Or do you not think its worth it for the gains you would see?

Sorry to be a pain! :)

Addo 08-04-2008 16:20

booked in the 14th :smthumbup

Norris Designs 10-04-2008 18:18

Sorry for the delay in replying!

This process is done with the engine in situ whereas to bore the block you need to remove the whole engine and do a full build. So yes it would cost a lot more, sorry.

If your pistons are in good condition and your power aspirations are below our advised levels for this conversion then I would advise retaining the std pistons you have already.

Cheers

Si

adam bell 10-04-2008 22:08

how often do these offers come up i am looking to get this done late this year because i would like to get around 400/400 from my evo 5 its at 351/354 at the moment.
i assume i need new rods on a 5 to get this sort os power and reliability

Norris Designs 10-04-2008 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam bell (Post 1957529)
how often do these offers come up i am looking to get this done late this year because i would like to get around 400/400 from my evo 5 its at 351/354 at the moment.
i assume i need new rods on a 5 to get this sort os power and reliability

To be honest this offer will be on for the long term so don't worry. However from our experience the E4 & E5 are the only Evos we can't do this conversion on as the pistons have very strange offset gudgeon pin areas.

Sorry.

Cheers

Si

adam bell 10-04-2008 22:31

what other options do i have,what sort of power will the standard rods and pistons take.