Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum (https://www.lancerregister.com//index.php)
-   Projects & Restorations (https://www.lancerregister.com//forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Evo VI RS - Sprint / Hillclimb / Time Attack? build (https://www.lancerregister.com//showthread.php?t=516404)

beefyrs 09-12-2015 13:14

I can remember organising a meet over at NR's when the car was being built and it looked amazing then. Good look with the build. AGAIN.

Mr Ralliart 09-12-2015 13:29

I really like that, good luck with it :smthumbup:mitsi:

TimC 09-12-2015 17:43

Looking forwards to watching this progress Karl.

Blood Speed 12-12-2015 17:01

Hi Carl, missed you this morn, was at MG's but had to leave before you arrived.
Had a look over the car:smthumbup wow its still one clean properly sorted rolling shell...well actually there's not too much missing.

I remember the shell being sorted at MG's then later being built at Nr's open day, must of been 3/4 years back, and then saw it a few months ago for sale on here.
Saying i'm jealous would be an understatement,I will be following the progress, and good luck with it.

kins 12-12-2015 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood Speed (Post 5575523)
Hi Carl, missed you this morn, was at MG's but had to leave before you arrived.
Had a look over the car:smthumbup wow its still one clean properly sorted rolling shell...well actually there's not too much missing.

I remember the shell being sorted at MG's then later being built at Nr's open day, must of been 3/4 years back, and then saw it a few months ago for sale on here.
Saying i'm jealous would be an understatement,I will be following the progress, and good luck with it.

Hi Alan,

Shame I missed you mate - I got there about 12... a little later than expected (about 1hr behind) as traffic was poor and there was an accident.

Mat was saying I'd just missed you and you were having a butchers at it. I dropped off a load of goodies for the blue one too but it might be a while before it's worth posting an update. I've left the 5RS with the lads now and the priority is getting it ready for sale - once that's done it's full steam ahead with the 6RS.

Glad you approve of the new project. I'll be popping over to MG a bit more regularly now so I'm sure our paths will cross soon for a catch up. Hope all is well matey.

Karl

evo baz 12-12-2015 19:03

Cant see your video Karl (I'm at work) but glad to hear this car went to someone on the forum who will look after it. Its an awesome car with history that's easy to follow and has been built by folk who know their Evo's.

Looking forward to seeing it once you've finished.

kins 12-12-2015 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by evo baz (Post 5575566)
Cant see your video Karl (I'm at work) but glad to hear this car went to someone on the forum who will look after it. Its an awesome car with history that's easy to follow and has been built by folk who know their Evo's.

Looking forward to seeing it once you've finished.

Hi Baz, The videos just a collection of pics from when MG did the shell, when NR built it up, when Tom was racing and then a couple of its journey over here.... accompanied by some RATM for good measure. You've probably seen most the pics but thought it would be good to capture it all in a vid.

Thanks for all the comments everyone - we'll get a move on with it when we can.:smthumbup

willox 12-12-2015 19:51

That's a cracking car,look forward to seeing the updates:smthumbup

TimC 13-04-2016 07:48

Any updates of how this is progressing Karl? Enjoyed your last thread so hoping this is of similar quality.

kins 25-04-2016 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimC (Post 5639569)
Any updates of how this is progressing Karl? Enjoyed your last thread so hoping this is of similar quality.

No updates yet unfortunately Tim but watch this space.

Priority for me right now it to sell the 5RS then shift efforts/focus back onto this project. :smthumbup

mik1 19-05-2016 16:19

Looks a hell of a car Karl, best of luck with it.

Would love that 5RS of yours but I'm tied up with renovating a house ATM and cash is tight. :smthumbdo

Shocked it hasn't sold yet.

jason4656 19-05-2016 16:48

just a question, i noticed the car in a container on the video.. can you fit an evo 6 in a container and get out of it after driving it in?

evo baz 20-05-2016 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason4656 (Post 5655758)
just a question, i noticed the car in a container on the video.. can you fit an evo 6 in a container and get out of it after driving it in?

Internal width of std sized containers are 2.35m
According to the article section on here a 6 is 1.77m wide so if you Park it tight to one side you should (in theory) have space to get out.

Luke C 20-05-2016 09:56

Awesome build, love it!

kins 13-06-2016 10:02

Sad day yesterday as I waved goodbye to the 5RS which I've had the pleasure of owning since 2008 :cry:

Looking on the bright side - the sale means we can crack on putting this one together now so happy days are ahead :headbang2 :D :roll::mitsi:

I will be sure to update the thread as and when so thanks for following and be sure to watch this space.

Cheers,

Karl :smthumbup


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.