Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum (https://www.lancerregister.com//index.php)
-   Lancer Chat (https://www.lancerregister.com//forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tommi Mak or IX GT ..... which would you buy as a toy? (https://www.lancerregister.com//showthread.php?t=568152)

SpecCTypeRA 05-03-2018 21:54

Tommi Mak or IX GT ..... which would you buy as a toy?

Given the choice and assuming neither would increase in value, which one to have, a Tommi Makinen or an Evo IX GT.

It would only be a summer weekend car and a pure pampered winter garage queen.

But which one would bring the biggest smile to drive and to appreciate whilst sitting quietly in the garage?

:beerchug:

BCspeed34 05-03-2018 21:58

Always go with the Tommi Mak.

M3 ROB 05-03-2018 21:59

Completely different cars, if you havn't I'd suggest you drive them both and find out for yourself :D :smthumbup

Mita 05-03-2018 22:10

5 rs

RG55 GAR 05-03-2018 22:12

An RS version of a 5-10 Evo will always bring a smile although hard to look past a Tommi Mak based on the way prices seem to have gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interbishi 05-03-2018 22:18

A rarer beast a E9rs .....

jbakerevo 05-03-2018 23:18

I've had a couple of maks and a couple of 9gt. Personally i think the 9gt is an all rounder for ride quality, interior and has the diffs etc for when you want to have a good blow out. How ever for a drivers car the mak puts a smile on your face, feels a little dated but it's an iconic car and probably one of the best looking.

Both cars are awesome so which ever car you choose you can't go wrong

staffi 06-03-2018 07:33

I’ve owned both and the GT is a far better drivers car, however, the Mak ( RED) will be your banker, so basically what I’m saying is, if you want it for an investment the Mak, or a great summer toy then the GT which will hold its money anyway.

Phil555 06-03-2018 07:46

Interesting post this.

I currently own a Mak and absolutely love the way it drives. Only owned it since August 2017 and has been a garage Queen since October 2017 but in that time put a smile on my face everytime. Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel this Summer.

The IX GT is a car that I have always admired but never driven and will most likely look to own if the Mak ever goes.

[email protected] Torque 06-03-2018 09:21

The 9GT would have the edge over a TME for me if it was purely for enjoyment.

Gg3001 06-03-2018 09:55

The Iconic Evo 6. Use, preserve, enjoy!

mlau1294 06-03-2018 10:08

I own a 9 (albeit not a GT) and a 6 (albeit an RS and not a TME) and if push came to shove and I could only take one of them out for a weekend blast, I'd have to go for the.........9!! :D

It's just such a nicer place to be, more comfortable than my 6 and with the mods I've done to my 9 I think she's just about perfect balance on power and handling...

The 6 is a great, iconic, "rawer" car, but very different to my 9; I suppose it's why I'm lucky enough to have both to be able to enjoy the difference...

I'm sure you'll love either, whichever you decide to go for! :smthumbup

beefyrs 06-03-2018 13:12

I was in this position a few years ago, I was after either a red mak or red or white 9gt. I like both but ended up going for a gt as it just had more of an edge for me. It’s more comfortable and feels better built to me. Tough choice though

squeakyclean32 06-03-2018 16:59

If it's purely about driving the car forgetting creature comforts the TME is a driver's car. That said the GT is a completely different beast to drive being fun to drive but with a degree of comfort thrown in.
You really need to test drive both to understand what it is you personally want out of your new toy :smthumbup

tommymak 06-03-2018 20:46

I have to agree with the comments of test drive both and see how you feel. Slightly different scenario, but I had an Evo 7 and I've drove Evo 9's, those generation cars feel nicer to drive, but the feeling I get when I'm driving my Evo 6 is something that the newer generation Evo's can't replicate :smthumbup