Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum (https://www.lancerregister.com//index.php)
-   Private Sales - Cars (https://www.lancerregister.com//forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Evo 6 Huge Spec (https://www.lancerregister.com//showthread.php?t=581629)

jaievo6 06-05-2019 16:30

Evo 6 Huge Spec

Selling my evo 6. Had this car for 13 and in that period it has had a considerable amount of money spent on her. All invoices kept from companies such as RG Motorsport,APT and Ross sport.

2.3 stroker engine,which has covered approxiamtly 14k,running 594/515 ft/Ib,which was built by RG motorsport and mapped by APT.

Engine

Wisco pistons
Manley I beam rods
ARP head/main studs
ACL main/thrust and big end bearings
Cosworth head gasket
JMF inlet manifold
Apexi power FC ecu
Jun 272 cams
Ross sport HTA 3076 turbo
Exedy HD twin plate clutch
Ross sport pace intercooler
1000 ID injectors
Koyo Rad
3" straight through mongoose exhaust
Skunk 2 throttle boby
Bosch 044 fuel pump and Walbro pump

Drive train

Gearbox was overhauled 4k miles ago by APT
Ross sport RS diff.

Suspension

Ohlins kit fitted
polybushed through out
Rear whiteline ARB

Brakes

Ksports 356mm front brakes
Rear oem brembos.
Xp8 pads all round.

Everything on this car is mechanically good,all oils are changed regularly and always warmed up before any boost is used.

Negitive bits.

Although the body work and paintwork are good, there was for the last MOT back at the end of november a need for some welding on the nearside and offside inner seals. Unfortunatly as most of you know these cars suffer underneath,but as far as I know there is no more rot,but being honest,it will need attention eventually.

The car is on the register as a CAT D and the rear brakes need refurbishing.

As a reflection of this and iv nothing to hide im looking in the region of Ł9750 which I think is a fair price considering the spec of the car.

All test drives will be done by myself

Thank you for reading and if interested please contact Paul on 07715790722

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...l-1999/9627505

squeakyclean32 06-05-2019 16:38

A good honest ad. Priced well too. GLWYS :smthumbup:smthumbup

jaievo6 09-05-2019 11:13

Deposit taken

shaksevo 10-05-2019 08:02

If it falls through let me know please

jaievo6 10-05-2019 14:52

Final payment received,being collected tonight,so car now is sold!

Sad day as had her 13 years,but makes way now for something abit special :naughty:

7722adam 15-05-2019 17:52

And already back up on eBay for Ł15k!!

mlau1294 15-05-2019 21:19

...and it doesn't say anything about it being a CAT D either...:rolleyes::shake:

broado1986 15-05-2019 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlau1294 (Post 6177461)
...and it doesn't say anything about it being a CAT D either...:rolleyes::shake:

He’s just used ‘vcar’ instead which some naive buyer won’t see because you always look out for CAT etc: and if u don’t see it then all’s good.

Absolute joke how people do this sort of thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B6KOF 16-05-2019 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by broado1986 (Post 6177463)
He’s just used ‘vcar’ instead which some naive buyer won’t see because you always look out for CAT etc: and if u don’t see it then all’s good.

Absolute joke how people do this sort of thing!

I’m sorry but Vcar is a clear statement stating the car is on the register as an insurance total loss. Everyone who has asked me I have told them clearly.
No one is that “naive” in this day and age not to do a HPI check. Thanks for your input mate

B6KOF 16-05-2019 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlau1294 (Post 6177461)

It clearly states in the advert “VCAR” which is a advertising statement to inform people it has been an insurance total loss. What’s the point in hiding the history when a quick Ł3.00 check will show it up anyway....

Irishtommy 16-05-2019 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177473)
It clearly states in the advert “VCAR” which is a advertising statement to inform people it has been an insurance total loss. What’s the point in hiding the history when a quick Ł3.00 check will show it up anyway....

Why not change the ad to say cat d?

B6KOF 16-05-2019 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishtommy (Post 6177541)
Why not change the ad to say cat d?

What difference does it make???
They both mean the same thing. Anyone who knows what “Cat d” means, knows what “VCAR” means.
I don’t know anyone who buys a Ł8-10-12-15k car without doing a HPI check anyway...

Dan ep3 turbo 16-05-2019 12:08

Didn’t say anything about cat d or vCard on your Facebook for sale add

broado1986 16-05-2019 12:20

I for one wouldn’t touch an Evo for 15k that’s been a complete loss and had welding to get it through an MOT!!

Not only that, it will need attention underneath soon too as per the advert you bought it off!

strange_days_uk 16-05-2019 12:35

never heard of vcar

Irishtommy 16-05-2019 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by strange_days_uk (Post 6177561)
never heard of vcar

Me neither :eek:

grants 16-05-2019 13:40

Even google is not much help

"What Is the V Car Register?

The V-Car register is a resource used by insurers and accident services, to list when a car has been classified as a write-off.

"Write-off" is an informal term used to describe a car that has been stolen and not recovered, or damaged to an extent whereby the repair costs are more than the total value of the car. Once a car has made the V-Car register it can never escape the title, however it can sometimes be returned to the road. Cars with V-Car status are normally much cheaper than other used cars due to the nature of their past"

:confused:

My analogy is that Vcar is a "Dodgy Dealer Delight" :wallbang:

Avoid like the plague and, name and shame

G

jaievo6 16-05-2019 15:29

Just my pennys worth as I know the car inside out,having owned it for 13 years. It was a Cat D when I bought the car back in 2006 and doing research it was registered a Cat D when it was about 6 months old as I did actually chat with the original owner and apparently there was minor front end damage.
I priced the car to what I considered a fair price as I always thought a car lossed 25% of its value and the as the advert said it does need attention underneath!
Mechanically the car wants for nothing and was mental fast and I don't regret what I spent on her to get it to that stage,i had my fun in it,so time to move on to a quick GTR.
Upto the guy I sold it too what he wants for it,he can out it up for 50k,but a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

B6KOF 16-05-2019 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by strange_days_uk (Post 6177561)
never heard of vcar

😂😂😂

B6KOF 16-05-2019 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by grants (Post 6177567)
Even google is not much help

"What Is the V Car Register?

The V-Car register is a resource used by insurers and accident services, to list when a car has been classified as a write-off.

"Write-off" is an informal term used to describe a car that has been stolen and not recovered, or damaged to an extent whereby the repair costs are more than the total value of the car. Once a car has made the V-Car register it can never escape the title, however it can sometimes be returned to the road. Cars with V-Car status are normally much cheaper than other used cars due to the nature of their past"

My analogy is that Vcar is a "Dodgy Dealer Delight" :wallbang:

Avoid like the plague and, name and shame

G

“Dodgy dealer” 😂😂😂
That would be someone trying to actually hide it’s been in an accident. VCAR is a legal termed used by most insurance companies. Clearly it’s for the educated... unlike some 😂

grants 16-05-2019 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177579)
“Dodgy dealer” 😂😂😂
VCAR is a legal termed used by most insurance companies.

A link to the legal termed would help :naughty:

Dan ep3 turbo 16-05-2019 19:21

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 325729

Cossiecraig 16-05-2019 19:45

����

Extreme Evo 17-05-2019 02:32

On the ebay add theres no mention of any rust issues also surely thats not right?

Rampant 17-05-2019 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177543)
What difference does it make???
They both mean the same thing. Anyone who knows what “Cat d” means, knows what “VCAR” means.
I don’t know anyone who buys a Ł8-10-12-15k car without doing a HPI check anyway...

I know what Cat D means.

But I had no idea what Vcar means?

So I'm with everyone else - why don't you say Cat D in the advert? If you're adamant that everyone "knows" what the other thing means, then you've nothing to lose and demonstrating clearly that you have nothing to hide. As it is - it is reasonable and correct use of the English language for people to say that you are hiding something. If that's not what you want - you could change the ad. If you don't change the ad, then it is perfectly and dispassionately reasonable to continue to believe that everything is not quite as it is being portrayed in the ad.

That isn't anything personal - so don't take it that way - but the way an advert is presented is important.

As with any car - always buy the seller, not the car.

Yours Aye

Mark H

Rampant 17-05-2019 09:12

Quote:

VCAR is a legal termed used by most insurance companies. Clearly it’s for the educated... unlike some 😂

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177543)
Anyone who knows what “Cat d” means, knows what “VCAR” means.

So which is it?

B6KOF 17-05-2019 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rampant (Post 6177665)
I know what Cat D means.

But I had no idea what Vcar means?

So I'm with everyone else - why don't you say Cat D in the advert? If you're adamant that everyone "knows" what the other thing means, then you've nothing to lose and demonstrating clearly that you have nothing to hide. As it is - it is reasonable and correct use of the English language for people to say that you are hiding something. If that's not what you want - you could change the ad. If you don't change the ad, then it is perfectly and dispassionately reasonable to continue to believe that everything is not quite as it is being portrayed in the ad.

That isn't anything personal - so don't take it that way - but the way an advert is presented is important.

As with any car - always buy the seller, not the car.

Yours Aye

Mark H

I will be changing the advert on the weekend for all the simpletons that don’t know legal terminology lol

broado1986 17-05-2019 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177685)
I will be changing the advert on the weekend for all the simpletons that don’t know legal terminology lol

How about changing it to state the attention it will need underneath and that it’s not a private sale? Clearly a trader!

Simpletons, people on here probably know more about cars than you ever will!

B6KOF 17-05-2019 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by broado1986 (Post 6177711)
how about changing it to state the attention it will need underneath and that it’s not a private sale? Clearly a trader!

Simpletons, people on here probably know more about cars than you ever will!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

������

strange_days_uk 17-05-2019 15:40

Quote:

“Dodgy dealer” 😂😂😂
That would be someone trying to actually hide it’s been in an accident. VCAR is a legal termed used by most insurance companies. Clearly it’s for the educated... unlike some 😂

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177749)
I didn’t realise this was a competition of knowledge.
How about you keep your opinions to yourself. It is a private sale. Selling due to unforeseen circumstances.

Um

:rolleyes::smthumbup

grants 17-05-2019 15:48

Bravo
Oscar
Lima
Lima
Oscar
Charlie
Kilo
Sierra

And please just STFU

:santamoon:

jaievo6 17-05-2019 16:25

Wow did nt know it would cause this much drama selling it :crackup: :crackup:

Mita 17-05-2019 16:37

Best thread in ages :lol:

Dan ep3 turbo 17-05-2019 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaievo6 (Post 6177761)
Wow did nt know it would cause this much drama selling it :crackup: :crackup:

It takes the **** mate that you be completely honest about car and sell cheap then someone comes along buys it and realists it for 50% more and just leaves out the bits why the car was cheap. In other words trying to mug someone off.

15k for a cat c evo 6 what needs welding is ridiculous, hence your price you listed it for. It’s a shame cause it would off been a good project for a genuine owner.

jaievo6 17-05-2019 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan ep3 turbo (Post 6177775)
It takes the **** mate that you be completely honest about car and sell cheap then someone comes along buys it and realists it for 50% more and just leaves out the bits why the car was cheap. In other words trying to mug someone off.

15k for a cat c evo 6 what needs welding is ridiculous, hence your price you listed it for. It’s a shame cause it would off been a good project for a genuine owner.

I cant see anyone with any common sense or knows anything about evos paying anywhere near TBH. Its common knowledge that they can rot underneath and I for one wouldn't buy another unless the chassis was checked properly.It could have 2000hp,but if the chassis is xxxxed the car is worthless. It wasn't rot,but I was advised on the last mot that money would need spending and it needed welding to get it through last November.

Theres a very good evo 6 on here for sale at the moment,im actually quite tempted as the chassis has been completely restored and the drive train done as well. Just needs a bigger turbo :lol:

MikeC 17-05-2019 18:23

Quote:

You sound like a real charmer. I know people shouldn’t stereotype but you do yourself no favours!

Perhaps the simpletons are in fact right and you’re just out to pull a fast one, the replies for me confirm this.

To break it down. You buy a car priced correctly given it’s a Cat listed car, relist omitting the crucial wording that 90% of the buying public understand, and replace with an obscure word to deceive (I know vCar). When your sham is highlighted you then revert to your natural stance of being a complete knob jockey and start name calling.

I think selling it on here is dead now, hopefully other buyers will find the post and see what type of person you are to deal with.

Dan ep3 turbo 17-05-2019 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaievo6 (Post 6177807)
I cant see anyone with any common sense or knows anything about evos paying anywhere near TBH. Its common knowledge that they can rot underneath and I for one wouldn't buy another unless the chassis was checked properly.It could have 2000hp,but if the chassis is xxxxed the car is worthless. It wasn't rot,but I was advised on the last mot that money would need spending and it needed welding to get it through last November.

Theres a very good evo 6 on here for sale at the moment,im actually quite tempted as the chassis has been completely restored and the drive train done as well. Just needs a bigger turbo :lol:

Yes mate that’s it, real shame it went to some one who just wanted to mug some one off and hide the truth he was made well aware by the previous just 48hrs previously.

I think it was a good buy for the price you was selling it for, shame it just didn’t go to a enthusiast who wanted it rather than earn as much as possible

j dog 25-06-2019 20:59

Still doing the rounds but price bumped up again! :crackup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubish...edirect=mobile

jaievo6 26-06-2019 08:11

Im obviously too honest !!

Also APT and Ross sport did not rebuild the engine. RG motorsport built this engine and was mapped by APT. :rolleyes:

Danny @ APT 15-09-2019 15:10

I thought this reg sounded familiar...