Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum (https://www.lancerregister.com//index.php)
-   Private Sales - Cars (https://www.lancerregister.com//forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Evo 6 Huge Spec (https://www.lancerregister.com//showthread.php?t=581629)

Irishtommy 16-05-2019 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by strange_days_uk (Post 6177561)
never heard of vcar

Me neither :eek:

grants 16-05-2019 13:40

Even google is not much help

"What Is the V Car Register?

The V-Car register is a resource used by insurers and accident services, to list when a car has been classified as a write-off.

"Write-off" is an informal term used to describe a car that has been stolen and not recovered, or damaged to an extent whereby the repair costs are more than the total value of the car. Once a car has made the V-Car register it can never escape the title, however it can sometimes be returned to the road. Cars with V-Car status are normally much cheaper than other used cars due to the nature of their past"

:confused:

My analogy is that Vcar is a "Dodgy Dealer Delight" :wallbang:

Avoid like the plague and, name and shame

G

jaievo6 16-05-2019 15:29

Just my pennys worth as I know the car inside out,having owned it for 13 years. It was a Cat D when I bought the car back in 2006 and doing research it was registered a Cat D when it was about 6 months old as I did actually chat with the original owner and apparently there was minor front end damage.
I priced the car to what I considered a fair price as I always thought a car lossed 25% of its value and the as the advert said it does need attention underneath!
Mechanically the car wants for nothing and was mental fast and I don't regret what I spent on her to get it to that stage,i had my fun in it,so time to move on to a quick GTR.
Upto the guy I sold it too what he wants for it,he can out it up for 50k,but a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

B6KOF 16-05-2019 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by strange_days_uk (Post 6177561)
never heard of vcar

😂😂😂

B6KOF 16-05-2019 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by grants (Post 6177567)
Even google is not much help

"What Is the V Car Register?

The V-Car register is a resource used by insurers and accident services, to list when a car has been classified as a write-off.

"Write-off" is an informal term used to describe a car that has been stolen and not recovered, or damaged to an extent whereby the repair costs are more than the total value of the car. Once a car has made the V-Car register it can never escape the title, however it can sometimes be returned to the road. Cars with V-Car status are normally much cheaper than other used cars due to the nature of their past"

My analogy is that Vcar is a "Dodgy Dealer Delight" :wallbang:

Avoid like the plague and, name and shame

G

“Dodgy dealer” 😂😂😂
That would be someone trying to actually hide it’s been in an accident. VCAR is a legal termed used by most insurance companies. Clearly it’s for the educated... unlike some 😂

grants 16-05-2019 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177579)
“Dodgy dealer” 😂😂😂
VCAR is a legal termed used by most insurance companies.

A link to the legal termed would help :naughty:

Dan ep3 turbo 16-05-2019 19:21

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 325729

Cossiecraig 16-05-2019 19:45

����

Extreme Evo 17-05-2019 02:32

On the ebay add theres no mention of any rust issues also surely thats not right?

Rampant 17-05-2019 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177543)
What difference does it make???
They both mean the same thing. Anyone who knows what “Cat d” means, knows what “VCAR” means.
I don’t know anyone who buys a Ł8-10-12-15k car without doing a HPI check anyway...

I know what Cat D means.

But I had no idea what Vcar means?

So I'm with everyone else - why don't you say Cat D in the advert? If you're adamant that everyone "knows" what the other thing means, then you've nothing to lose and demonstrating clearly that you have nothing to hide. As it is - it is reasonable and correct use of the English language for people to say that you are hiding something. If that's not what you want - you could change the ad. If you don't change the ad, then it is perfectly and dispassionately reasonable to continue to believe that everything is not quite as it is being portrayed in the ad.

That isn't anything personal - so don't take it that way - but the way an advert is presented is important.

As with any car - always buy the seller, not the car.

Yours Aye

Mark H

Rampant 17-05-2019 09:12

Quote:

VCAR is a legal termed used by most insurance companies. Clearly it’s for the educated... unlike some 😂

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177543)
Anyone who knows what “Cat d” means, knows what “VCAR” means.

So which is it?

B6KOF 17-05-2019 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rampant (Post 6177665)
I know what Cat D means.

But I had no idea what Vcar means?

So I'm with everyone else - why don't you say Cat D in the advert? If you're adamant that everyone "knows" what the other thing means, then you've nothing to lose and demonstrating clearly that you have nothing to hide. As it is - it is reasonable and correct use of the English language for people to say that you are hiding something. If that's not what you want - you could change the ad. If you don't change the ad, then it is perfectly and dispassionately reasonable to continue to believe that everything is not quite as it is being portrayed in the ad.

That isn't anything personal - so don't take it that way - but the way an advert is presented is important.

As with any car - always buy the seller, not the car.

Yours Aye

Mark H

I will be changing the advert on the weekend for all the simpletons that don’t know legal terminology lol

broado1986 17-05-2019 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177685)
I will be changing the advert on the weekend for all the simpletons that don’t know legal terminology lol

How about changing it to state the attention it will need underneath and that it’s not a private sale? Clearly a trader!

Simpletons, people on here probably know more about cars than you ever will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B6KOF 17-05-2019 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by broado1986 (Post 6177711)
how about changing it to state the attention it will need underneath and that it’s not a private sale? Clearly a trader!

Simpletons, people on here probably know more about cars than you ever will!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

������

strange_days_uk 17-05-2019 15:40

Quote:

“Dodgy dealer” 😂😂😂
That would be someone trying to actually hide it’s been in an accident. VCAR is a legal termed used by most insurance companies. Clearly it’s for the educated... unlike some 😂

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177685)

Quote:

Originally Posted by B6KOF (Post 6177749)
I didn’t realise this was a competition of knowledge.
How about you keep your opinions to yourself. It is a private sale. Selling due to unforeseen circumstances.

Um

:rolleyes::smthumbup