Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum (https://www.lancerregister.com//index.php)
-   Gearbox / Clutch / Transmission (https://www.lancerregister.com//forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   evo V gearbox noise (https://www.lancerregister.com//showthread.php?t=584291)

luca wrx 04-09-2019 21:26

evo V gearbox noise

hello i try to explain my problem that makes me crazy...:blah:

i owned 2 evo (all with the normal 5speed gearbox) and all of these cars make this noise from the gearbox...

it is like a bearing noise (rattle) from the gearbox

i tryed to change the gearbox oil , clutch bearing, clutch and flywheel but the noise doesn't change...:frust:

i would like to know if somebody has had the same problem or has experience with this noise

thanks guys for your help

DeltaBoxer 06-09-2019 14:50

Are you sure its the gear box and not the transfer case ? If your shifting gears ok and there are no problems Id say that there is probably an issue with the transfer case diff.

luca wrx 07-09-2019 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBoxer (Post 6194199)
Are you sure its the gear box and not the transfer case ? If your shifting gears ok and there are no problems Id say that there is probably an issue with the transfer case diff.

hello mate, yes i can shift all gears perfecty without problem
yesterday i made a test, i lifted the car and i shifted some gears 1-2-3 and after 4.000 rpm (like the video) underside the car i heard the noise only from gearbox...not the transfer :wallbang:
i really don't know, if the gear bearings can make this...but i think that the only way is to open the gearbox and ceck all parts... :cry:

Clivew 12-09-2019 13:51

What exact clutch are you using?

luca wrx 12-09-2019 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clivew (Post 6195017)
What exact clutch are you using?

hello Clive, i changed the clutch some month ago, but the noise is always the same :wallbang:

the first clutch and flywheel was the oem, after this i installed a new cusco hyper single with a new oem bearing with millers gearbox oil

ondafly 13-09-2019 20:34

heat shield or loose 02 sensor on the exhaust ?

Clivew 14-09-2019 21:10

It sounds like resonance, is the engine standard?

luca wrx 16-09-2019 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ondafly (Post 6195221)
heat shield or loose 02 sensor on the exhaust ?

thanks mate for the idea, just checked, but it's all ok with all bolts

luca wrx 16-09-2019 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clivew (Post 6195379)
It sounds like resonance, is the engine standard?

yes i think the same, but it's very strange....! :wallbang:

the engine is standard (only with HKS 264cam)

can the gearbox bearings make this noise for you?

i put the car on jack lift and i tried to listen the noise under the car in acceleration and deceleration but no vibration founded...

only noise that i can hear only from inside gearbox...

i made this video:

Clivew 25-09-2019 06:53

You don't normally get a resonance type noise from inside the gearbox because the oil dampens noises of that frequency. The noise in the 2nd video doesn't sound right though.

evowilly 26-09-2019 21:59

Have you tried accelerating with no gear inserted? Does it make that noise?

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F mediante Tapatalk

luca wrx 10-10-2019 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clivew (Post 6196885)
You don't normally get a resonance type noise from inside the gearbox because the oil dampens noises of that frequency. The noise in the 2nd video doesn't sound right though.

some news: i removed the gearbox and i changed all bearings , but the noise is always the same from the box in deceleration....
and when i press the clutch the noise disappears...:wallbang:

the tuner told me that the gears are wear and they can make this noise but it's strange...a vibration from gears...:rotz:

luca wrx 10-10-2019 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by evowilly (Post 6197171)
Have you tried accelerating with no gear inserted? Does it make that noise?

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F mediante Tapatalk

yes i tried mate, without gear inserted there is no noise :wallbang: