Lancer Register Forum banner

Which exhaust manifold to head stud kit

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Coleman468 
#1 ·
As above, what would anyone recommend for the stud and nut kit for the exhaust manifold to head. Ideally something that won't rust that's a reasonable price. Have seen the ross sport ones but didn't want to really spend £150 on less than ten studs and nuts. Cheers

#5 ·
I've seen the cheap ones on eBay. I was hoping that someone would have a decent set they have used for cheaper. Tbh I'll probably end up just buying the ross sport ones.

Only other one I have seen is with item number 273364705648
What are your thoughts?

#11 · (Edited)
I quoted the mamba ones above. They seem the same as the rest for half the price but never really had any dealing with mamba as a brand?

Do you have the ones listed in the post below from eBay? They look good, £50, cheaper than ross sport ones too.

https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STM-ARP-S...ce70%7Ciid%3A1

On another night what paint marker is used for marking bolts so they can be checked to see if they have backed off? Acrylic paint marker or?

Cheers for all the responses guys!

#14 ·
Aren't Mamba the turbo guys on Ebay? Never dealt with them myself.
The studs I have are from Ross, looked identical to the ARP ones but were a bit cheaper. Sadly it looks like exchange rates and inflation have taken their toll as I'm sure paid around £110, not £138. They still look like this now, not a rusty mess, after 3+ years on the car.
OE studs are £47 so you pay your money and makes your choice- just keep in mind that if one of the cheaper Mamba stainless ones snap, you'll have a nightmare removing the remains.
That said, there is a chance they ARE the same quality material, one way to find out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.