Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum (https://www.lancerregister.com//index.php)
-   Technical Questions (https://www.lancerregister.com//forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ayc pump repair (https://www.lancerregister.com//showthread.php?t=590951)

edbowles86 14-10-2020 12:46

Ayc pump repair

Hi everyone,

I discovered my AYC pump may have stopped working and was just wondering how straight forward it is to fix it yourself? I've seen there are some repair kits you can buy but not sure about what tools would be needed apart from the standard ones?

Is it a big issue driving with no AYC or is it simply that you don't get the benefits of it?

Also, has anyone sent theirs off to be fixed/refurbed? If so, how much does it cost?

Thanks
Ed

interbishi 14-10-2020 13:33

The average cost seems to be circa 500 ... my ayc pump works sometimes and sometimes not , you wont do any damage driving it .
I bought a repair kit so I will get round to it at some point .. there is a vid on youtube showing you how to do it , if you are handy with spanners give it a go ...

r3k1355 14-10-2020 17:43

Pump service kit here with instructions on YouTurbe.

If you want to send it out then Harry Hockly are supposed to be decent.

edbowles86 14-10-2020 23:16

Thanks for your responses and the link to the repair kit. I think I will eventually try and have a go at doing it myself...it can join the endless list of evo related jobs

richyx 15-10-2020 14:16

just hope you dont break any valves, and be careful when taking it apart, corrosion locks everything into place and being cast can be broken easily when trying to get the parts apart

only use repair kits of evolution hydraulics

harry hockely use alloy plates not stainless so eventaully will have the same issue again later on

richyx 15-10-2020 14:19

one thing i hate when doing them is when other have had a go and completely destroyed the pump lol

just take your time with it

edbowles86 15-10-2020 20:37

Do you think they should come apart easily enough if the three long bolts that connect it all together are cut at the head? I'm fairly limited in terms of tools - just have wrenchs, flat head screw driver to pry it apart and a dremel to cut.

It seems from the videos, that they normally fail due to how much corrosion builds up.

Thanks again for all the advice

fozz57 15-10-2020 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by edbowles86 (Post 6242845)
Do you think they should come apart easily enough if the three long bolts that connect it all together are cut at the head? I'm fairly limited in terms of tools - just have wrenchs, flat head screw driver to pry it apart and a dremel to cut.

It seems from the videos, that they normally fail due to how much corrosion builds up.

The pump on the Sportback had to be repaired last year. The casing was corroded solid and eventually had to be sorted by Auto Torque.
Not cheap but repaired.
Good luck
Brian.

kikiturbo 16-10-2020 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by edbowles86 (Post 6242845)

the long bolts usually corrode the whole length. The later pumps are tough to open...

richyx 16-10-2020 16:42

sounds like a x pump, therefore good luck lol, as chop head off your then left with flush bolts inside the centre housing that are also corroded inside

Jim Salter 13-11-2020 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3k1355 (Post 6242763)
Pump service kit here with instructions on YouTurbe.

If you want to send it out then Harry Hockly are supposed to be decent.

Is Harry Hockley operating at the moment?

Have sent an email, used the web form on the website, have sent a Facebook message and called the number but have had no reply :handsup:

Baileyk 13-11-2020 19:12

I sent an email 2 months ago. No reply either.

edbowles86 13-11-2020 21:45

Do you think it's quite a mission to repair it yourself? I was planning on trying soon with this
https://www.evolution-hydraulics.com...ir-service-kit

kikiturbo 13-11-2020 23:12

it depends on the valves being broken or not

Jim Salter 14-11-2020 09:35

Also if someone had repaired the pump before and cut way too much of the motor edge off ☹️