Steve Hill Motorsport - top work! [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Steve Hill Motorsport - top work!

evosticks
05-01-2006, 15:34
Just a quick(ish) one to say thanks to the guys at Steve Hill Motorsport for the top service this morning.

First service I've had with the car plus I opted to have a Magnex cat-back zorst fitted as there's only so many times I can get away with bandage & gun gum ;) Well impressed with the price, knowledge, service and hospitality and that Magnex sounds very, very nice .... certainly got to hear it well heading out of Aylesbury to Leighton Buzzard... luvvly noise :)

One scary thing.... when the car was in the air the rear passenger side drop link had 'mysteriously' become unattached at the top..
Now, far be it for me to suggest what happened but only two weeks & a few miles (<70... didn't drive it much over Christmas) the car had been to the local Mitsi dealers (Mantles @ Biggleswade, previously Letchworth) for the recall so whether they left it like that, or the bolt was done up finger tight (only noticed the noise yesterday) and came undone I don't know, but I have my thoughts!... Yet another reason why my car won't be going anywhere near those scary main dealer types ever again...

And now for the embarrassing bit... I've had the car since May and only today discovered that the washer bottle is in the boot... I know, I know!. I could swear that I read somewhere that both the intercooler spray & washer bottle had the same resevoir... Guess it should have dawned on me when I could hear the pump in the rear whenever I cleaned the screens. Anyway, on the drive down today I thought the washers had packed up, only to be shown this wonderous 'new' washer bottle in the rear which was indeed empty....doh!

Anyway, cheers again guys... see you in 4.5K :)

Sim_Evo
05-01-2006, 15:59
I have the mis-fortune of using that dealership :rolleyes:
Friendly they aint!

ljames
05-01-2006, 19:54
Hey ,i took my car to steve hill to get it serviced just after i bought it.They were excellent,cant fault them!gave me loads of advise and knew there stuff.They done a full service and changed all the fluids for a very good price.only bad thing is there 3-4 hours drive from where i live!lol.definatly recommend then! ;)

Penfold
05-01-2006, 20:44
Originally posted by evosticks
And now for the embarrassing bit... I've had the car since May and only today discovered that the washer bottle is in the boot...

I wouldn't worry about that mate - had mine 18 months and have only just discovered the cupholder :blush:

insaneyouth
05-01-2006, 20:48
i only found out about my cup holder when i went to open the ashtray and pulled out the cup holder instead :D

Lengthmeister
05-01-2006, 21:54
Originally posted by Penfold
I wouldn't worry about that mate - had mine 18 months and have only just discovered the cupholder :blush:

Only cos i told you Glenn :crackup:

As for steve hill. 10/10 :coolsm:

Shorty[paul s]
05-01-2006, 23:31
I will always give Steve Hill's a fantastic report as they have looked after my cars for 5 years . Dave did my engine swop last Nov after all went tits up 4 months after the 6 months warrenty I got with the the car at the time .. No quibles about supplying own parts [ie engine via gaz of cpp motor sport] great deal on second hand engine running smooth .Dont let anyone tell you that you cant run an E7 engine with an E4 original parts .still under 5 secs 0-60.
Back to the the point .If you can travel to Steve Hills new premises and live with in 50-70 miles of them or more then your car will be looked after well.The great thing is that Steve HIll himself runs a construction business and a golf and leisure centre which i'm going to have to tap them up about some rates for golf .But rates are good as its not the main source of income .Plus he's back rallying again in the E3 .
I'll always support the independent who have the experience .

Will also say that MAD and NORRIS offer the a great service as well and knowledge of tuning is beyond . Like many we forget they service EVO's as well .

Jerry Flint
06-01-2006, 14:59
Steve Hills are the comedy act still giving good service?

Thought they new their business when I ran EVO's!

Lengthmeister
06-01-2006, 15:09
Originally posted by Jerry Flint
Steve Hills are the comedy act still giving good service?

Thought they new their business when I ran EVO's!

Are you giving them bad publicity then or am i missing something :confused:

Jerry Flint
06-01-2006, 15:14
On the contrary. Dave and co are excellent. :D

Aidy
06-01-2006, 15:21

Don't think Dave works there any more :)

Lengthmeister
06-01-2006, 15:24

Thank god for that,thats where i take my evo :crackup: