arial prob.. [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

arial prob..

Paulz
07-08-2005, 18:40
does anyone have a problem with signals on the radio in your evo?
i got a decent pioneer mp3 player with the radio plug all in the back of it as normal but the signal is terrible.cant get no radio stations :(
end up listening to cd all the time which gets boring sometimes.
what can i do for a better signal
help
:cry:

Black Knight
07-08-2005, 19:11
There is a pwr lead for the amplifer for the aerial,make sure it is plugged in.

Paulz
07-08-2005, 19:23
power lead?
now i am confused mate!

fq-300-danny
16-04-2008, 09:09
same here mate spent 300 on a mint headunit and the signal is crap i even bought a signal booster but its still no good, on the radio stations you can here it a little but just keeps braking up does my head in:mad:

SumoPower
16-04-2008, 09:21
does anyone have a problem with signals on the radio in your evo?
i got a decent pioneer mp3 player with the radio plug all in the back of it as normal but the signal is terrible.cant get no radio stations :(
end up listening to cd all the time which gets boring sometimes.
what can i do for a better signal
help
:cry:

on alot of vehicles there is a seperate lead that will connect into the stereo, normally with some sort of crimp connector.

not sure if it would apply to your car but may be worth a look???

Regards
[email protected]

SumoPower
16-04-2008, 09:34
Having a quick look at the wiring diagram for the radio the power to the amplifier looks like its connected to pin 3 on the radio connector and is a blue/white wire, i guess if you have a replacement stereo you have a harness adapter, might be worth just checking that this is connected to something, its possibly connected to the remote output on your stereo????

dont quote me on it all but i think thats a good place to look.

obviously if in doubt get an auto electrician to take a quick glance over it.

Regards
[email protected]

Brian Carroll
16-04-2008, 11:15
Yes the loom has a seperate wire, yellow at the HU, going to a black wire shortly after - that wire needs to be connected to a switched live feed, either the power ant output on the HU or a switched live from the ignition.

SumoPower
16-04-2008, 11:19
good, nice easy fix then :smthumbup

fq-300-danny
18-04-2008, 18:20
Yes the loom has a seperate wire, yellow at the HU, going to a black wire shortly after - that wire needs to be connected to a switched live feed, either the power ant output on the HU or a switched live from the ignition.

cant find this wire? what wire do i need to connect up from head unit? then to what wire? my system is a pioneer?:smthumbup

fq-300-danny
18-04-2008, 18:23
the only wire on head unit that is not connected to the block plug is a yellow one but says mute on it? do you mean this?:smthumbup

Brian Carroll
18-04-2008, 18:25
There should be a seperate wire for the aerial amplifier. I suggest tracing back the aerial coax lead see where it goes in the car, that should take you back to the amplifier, then locate the wire coming from that ehich should have the colours I indicated. Assuming you can locate that wire connect it to the power ant wire from the HU or a switched live from the igntion.

fq-300-danny
18-04-2008, 18:34
oh thanks mate thats allready connected to the yellow + wire so must be something else, my radio works but signal is poor keeps loosing it crackles then finds it again but never has a stong signal? anythin else i can try?:smthumbup

Brian Carroll
18-04-2008, 18:47
So you have a wire from the aerial amplifier and that's connected to positive feed already - outside the loom connector or seperately? What's the yellow + wire? Is that a seperate feed that's been installed for the Audio system? Assuming it is a live feed then that should be powering up the aerial amp, it should be switched as it'll be draining the battery when the igntion is off is the only worry but it ought to make the amplifier work nevertheless.

If you definetely have 12v to the amp then I'd be checking out continuity of the coax ensure you've got a good connection there and all the way back tot he antenna but it does sound awfully like it's still a problem withthe amp.

Brian Carroll
18-04-2008, 18:57
Sorry you probably mean the yellow wire on the ISO lead - at a guess. It really ought to be on the blue one instead to not drain the battery but really ought to have worked though.

fq-300-danny
18-04-2008, 19:00
will have another look tomz but the arial that plugs into the hu there is another wire coming off it that is pluged into the permanent live?:smthumbup

V2AAA
18-04-2008, 19:11

fq-300-danny
20-04-2008, 10:30
sorted now guys it was that wire from the amp was connected to the loom but not to any live thanks guys.:smthumbup