speaker wire? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

speaker wire?

sweet
17-07-2005, 21:34
Quick question, i have just bought an 8 mr 320 and need to know if the speaker wire is in place on the rear parcel shelf???
anybody know.

boxclever
19-07-2005, 18:32
Its all there tucked under the carpet, word of warning though on mine the cable was really short so you will have to extend them. Also recommend that you use Dynamat around the speaker holes - very fiddly but well worth it as it will eliminate any nasty vibrations...fitted all 4 spaekers myself, what speakers/head unit you gone for? :cool:

sweet
19-07-2005, 19:31
thanks for that boxclever,but managed to find them in the end.
what a pain in the arse job just finished the install today and am pleased with it.
fitted an alpine cda9847r headunit and 4x infinity speakers which were a pain in the arse to fit in the rear shelf cos the 6.5" dont quite fit properly so ended up making some mdf brackets to screw them in too.
fitted some dynamat in the front doors but not in the rears but when i get the chance i will get some more and fit some on rear shelf.
overall am pleased with the sound :D
did you have a problem with the aerial cable not being the right fit???? cos i did had to cut them both in the end.....
had the same problem with the length of the wire,but just managed to make it fit.

boxclever
21-07-2005, 08:46
I cheated & got the head unit fitted for me, pleased overall as I have the same head unit, however not so sure about the alpine speakers as bass & treble are fine but vocals lack depth. Can I ask how much your speakers were & the model no as I may have to get some... :coolsm: