keighley i dont think so!! [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

keighley i dont think so!!

jonny bmw
14-05-2005, 21:56
WAs going up to keighley trade centre on monday to look at a evo 6 thought just do a quick search on the subject.Guess i wont be going to keighley trade centre on monday enough said i think.

D2
14-05-2005, 22:31
Aye it is a name that pops up quite ofter on here like :crackup: :crackup:

mark-8
15-05-2005, 09:16
poor lads at Keighley really do get some bad reviews, :eek:

they sell some top stuff

mark-8
15-05-2005, 09:17
;)

SickBoy
15-05-2005, 09:18
If you search in auto trader they have about 8 evos at least advertised, some do look very clean but there all a pile of cr*p :) :) shame really cos they seem to be a quite big company could be doing a lot more oh well another quick buck

Lee

Dom440bhpCos
15-05-2005, 09:27
:eek:

nearly drove a long way to buy an evo 3 that was supposed to have 580bhp from them once. glad I didnt now!

as said, its a shame as they have looooads of mad cars. didnt realise they were all nails :(

D2
15-05-2005, 22:40
Originally posted by mark-8
poor lads at Keighley really do get some bad reviews, :eek:

they sell some top stuff

:eek: WTF!

MoFo eVo
16-05-2005, 12:15
I made the mistake of driving up there, they appear to have a top line up to choose from...until you see them :eek:

Performance car breakers yard :crackup:

Evojkp
16-05-2005, 18:04
:eek: :eek: :confused: :crackup:

Quality Scooby-doo vans. I bet they run a flat four as well :crackup:

D2
16-05-2005, 19:06
i want to see the comedian who parts with 5995 for one of those vans :crackup: :crackup:

walkerwizard
17-05-2005, 20:38
Yeah i have heard a few bad stories 2, but knew someone that bought a scooby from them and it turned out 2 be a belter, i wont be buying an evo from there, i trust you guys far more. :)

SickBoy
17-05-2005, 21:42
Shock horror, i have just been on there web site for a look and they have 22 evos on sale ..... :shake: YES 22 you read right

Surely by law of averages one has to be a minter :) even for them

Lee

Evo1man
18-05-2005, 06:17
Yep your right on the law of averages.

We have got one form there which is fine and we know of two oher Evo's purchased from there that have been fine and a Celica.

But we also know of some people that have had some serious problems with their cars from there.

I seems that if you know what to look for then you might be lucky and find a decent one, but if you are not mechanical minded and are unsure of what to look for........ Leave well alone otherwise you could be seriously stitched up.

Trina

urfys
18-05-2005, 14:34
hey guys....

my first day on forum sooooo

can tell you i bought a heavy mines evo 7 from these boys!!

i guess you pay for you get!

urfys
18-05-2005, 14:41
hang a minute...

how comes some not soo busy person has taken time out to take pics of thoes campers??????????

hw about we see some of thoes 22 evo s?? then we can give maybe a official rating??

Evo1man
18-05-2005, 15:28
the pics came from the website a while ago.website is here just remember the camera DOES lie.
keighley (http://www.k-t-c.co.uk/12545/ktc.htm)

lemagnifique
21-08-2005, 15:57
How bad is keighley? very near to "maybe" fligh there and look for an evo 3? is it bad bad? too do that? here in sweden many tuners sell their cars from them etc

http://www.blocket.se/view/5824811.htm?caller=jll_s&l=0&c=1&city=0

or does anyone have any other suggestions too a dealer who have many evo 3 etc?

Evo1man
21-08-2005, 21:33
All I can suggest is if you really want to come all the way over here to see there cars.

Don't expect too much and bring a very very good machanic with you.

Be prepared to be dissapointed.

Heres Jonny
21-08-2005, 22:14
4 and a half hours drive and they were all hanging.lol.

john....

gaz007
21-08-2005, 22:51
i bought my tme from keighly trade centre .,their attitude is laid back to the point of falling over .i traded a very nice evo 4 white but it had a cat d claim on it in 1999.its still for sale there .the car is spot on if anyone wants to know more il tell them .i also traded a sapp cosworth to them .the gear box is a little noisy but it has been for a long time .the car is deff worth the money they r wanting for it .its running 25 psi and thats aprox 350 bhp and a 0--60 of aprox 4 secs .lets just say it would show up a few evos etc .my tme had a few little faults and they put the a/c right when it went wrong .main reason i went to them was i got a good deal on my two cars for the tme .i could see the things that i wasnt happy with on the tme but knew that it could easily be a total minter .if i was asked if i would get another car off them ,possibly yes .marks out of ten id give em a seven or eight .iv dealt with a lot worse than them anyway .you have to be very careful when you are buying a high performance car .,where ever you go .

mike_turbo
21-08-2005, 23:05
bottom line, they suck big time, you buy a car from them dont say you havent been warned

gaz007
21-08-2005, 23:10
just like to add ,if a firm sells a lot of evos /scoobys etc .secondhand and imported fresh from japan then you will get a bit more feed back about them .some good and some bad .a dealer cant possibly have only bad cars .its upto the buyer to check out what he/she is buying isnt it ?the white evo 4 i traded into k trade centre is a top car and you will not find a better one .that is apart from the cat d on it ,they arnt hiding that fact either .iv been there and they do have some very nice cars on sale .

gaz007
21-08-2005, 23:15
urfys ,i saw ur car there at k t centre .? looked smart .

simon5
21-08-2005, 23:49
look at this one, the pic seems to have the evo five logo down the side and the door colour looks odd
http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=12545&pageid=3

mike_turbo
21-08-2005, 23:52
i love the way the front and back doors are different colours :D

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=210505739

Lengthmeister
22-08-2005, 05:43
Originally posted by mike_turbo

shut up mike,i was gonna buy it :moon:

Red Mist
22-08-2005, 07:28
Originally posted by mike_turbo

:D

and then the combination of E6 @ 9995 and dealer should be ringing all sorts of alarm bells in ur head :D

Darryl

itmustbejock
22-08-2005, 08:06
I was gona buy that car to!!! its a cat c write off on the book, but a 10g evo aint so expensive and that price was last year

SG 1969
22-08-2005, 08:31
as far as i can tell after reading many posts on here they are notorious for selling cars that have been repaired after being written off in Japan,therefore are not recorded here hence why most are so cheap,they may look nice but be warned!

Lengthmeister
22-08-2005, 15:09
Originally posted by itmustbejock
I was gona buy that car to!!! its a cat c write off on the book, but a 10g evo aint so expensive and that price was last year

I was joking :crackup: :crackup:

lemagnifique
22-08-2005, 21:26
so all their early evos... are fixed upp **** cars..?

does anyone have any other uk import url who have nice cars too good prices.

gaz007
22-08-2005, 21:41
what evo r u after ? ktc still have my evo 4 for sale .cat d claim on it in 1999 .but it is a very good car ,i dont know what damage it had even though i owned it for 2 yrs .drives really well and no noises or tapping anywhere .they are wanting 7 k for it .this is too much though id say .if you could get it for say near 5 k it would be a good buy .

PhantomEvo
22-08-2005, 22:02
This thread is full of BULL*hit

KTC has gone from a 20-car company to 350cars in stock in 3-years.

They sell 15-20 cars a week, so they must do something right.

I work with them and I have bought MANY cars from the with no
problems at all.

When you have such a big company and 350 cars in stock, obviously some of the cars are ****, BUT you get what you pay for.

They have many nice cars, and they know their racing :)

Shabs Skyline is one of UKs fastest alreday and is heading for sweden again as we will begin his Pro-Drag GTR project aiming for some 8-sec passes 2006.

/Kami

jonny bmw
22-08-2005, 22:06
lets hope he exports all their crap abroad then :)

gaz007
22-08-2005, 22:12
well said phantomevo ,i thought they were ok .they def have some very nice cars .if somebody can show me a secondhand car dealer who hjasnt sold a bad car id like to know .

mike_turbo
23-08-2005, 00:29
Originally posted by PhantomEvo

problems at all.

When you have such a big company and 350 cars in stock, obviously some of the cars are ****, BUT you get what you pay for.

Shabs Skyline is one of UKs fastest alreday and is heading for sweden again as we will begin his Pro-Drag GTR project aiming for some 8-sec passes 2006.

/Kami

well that makes me want to go and buy a car from them tomorrow :rolleyes:

blade77
23-08-2005, 16:58
K T C = :thumbdown

lemagnifique
23-08-2005, 18:55
splitted mindes here :(

ScottishEvo
23-08-2005, 19:27
lemagnifique if you are looking for a early evo give my mate a try IAN HUNTER ( [email protected] ) his import buisness has started real well and is now looking for more customers to spread the word. Just tell him what you are looking for and he will source it for you :)

D2
23-08-2005, 19:48
im staying not far from keighley at the moment im gonna take a wee trip along there in the next couple days see if they live up to their reputation ;)

RichW
23-08-2005, 20:17
I live fairly close to Keighley, though i havent actually visited there myself.

However, my m8 ( who incidentally is a car mechanic and really does know his stuff, i had him inspect my car before i bought it.. ) was looking for a pulsar last year , he'd been past the KTC's a few times and seen they had quite a few motors in stock, all looked well from the roadside.

Him and one of his mates went to have a look around one Sunday - i wont say what he said to me, but put it this way - he didnt buy a car and *doesnt* plan to return in the near future! :D

Evo1man
23-08-2005, 20:59

problems at all.

/Kami

What we are trying to say is that there is a larger majority of bad cars being purchased from K t c than there is good.

It is up to the individual person in the end, if they want to purchase a car from them or not.

Personaly I will not be going back to KTC when we decide to change ours.
How can a car pass a mot a week prior to buying the car with no rear brake pads and no indicators working???

Barrie
23-08-2005, 21:07
An interesting thread

mark-8
24-08-2005, 10:52
any one who wants to spend there money on an evo can spend it where they like, ;)

but what p155es people of is when dealers or ,private sellers for that matter ,advertise cars as "MINT" or " VERY GOOD CONDITION " etc etc etc,

you then ring em , and they bull5h1t you with " its a nice this, its a top that , its only done 30,000 , its got full history, its never been mended etc etc etc ,"

when you get there, after a 3 hour drive its a ****ing nail.130,000 miles bent to death, 19 owners .etc etc etc .

any one ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sorry i mean ANY ONE who is ever thinking of buying from them need only research threads like these,

i live 5 minutes from ktc , i pass it most days, i know garages loccally who deal with them, i know peaople who have been r######, sorry i mean bought from them .

BUT , its an individuals choice, and as individuals any one has the right to buy a car from them ;) :D

mark

ps , any one that does is ****ING STUPID :crackup: :crackup:

lemagnifique
24-08-2005, 14:02
cant someone who lives near go there and take some pictures of evo 1-3 and post them here so we can see how cars look like from there.

gaz007
24-08-2005, 21:48
i was at ktc the other week ,i wasnt looking to buy a car as iv already got mine from them .i am very pleased with the deal i got there .i am also very pleased with the car i bought from them .i was just looking at the cars while i was there .i noticed a very nice looking sti in white .i only looked at it for a few minutes and it looked like it was a mint car .i mean mint ok ,now anybody that doesnt know what to look for when buying a secondhand car should use a car check expert .anybody that says they sell only crap cars ,doesnt know what their on about .thats a fact ,sorry .

106_joN
26-08-2005, 23:30
I went here a while ago, they had a few evo 5's, couple of TME's and that yellow 2f2f wannabee one. my mate was lookin at a few RX-7's also, those looked really rough!, like grade 1 condition imports, plus all the evo's plus a few more cars ALL had lock damage. a couple had ingnition barrel damage.
i found this a little strange, apparently they got broke into a while before had a load of cars nicked but got them all back, everyone of them, lucky eh? they hadnt had chance to be repaired thou.
since then they seen to have got a lot more stock in, i might have another drive up their soon.
joN

dave1
27-08-2005, 11:44
i was thinking about driving up from cornwall to look at an r34 gtr perhaps i,ll give it a miss :(

RobB
27-08-2005, 13:59
i live in bristol and i have seen a car on their website which is exactly what i want, but yorkshire is a long way to go if it is gunna be a ****ter.
how many of you have actually bought from there?
Rob

mike_turbo
27-08-2005, 14:02
isnt there another you could get rob

RobB
27-08-2005, 14:06
i dont know where to look
this is the only 1 that really took my fancy.
i want a IV RS lightweight. the only place i have ever seen them is there.(oh and the one in 'for sale' on here)

mike_turbo
27-08-2005, 14:08
whats wrong with the one for sale on here? it looks good

D2
27-08-2005, 18:10
Was up at keighley yesterday ;) alot of cars to choose from id say its just your luck if you get a good one. turns out ive came across mr keighley trade centre before at various marts and he doesnt worry about buying cars with cosmetic damage etc
i think the cars at keighley are poorly prepared for resale but i did spy a couple of tidy evo's out of the bunch ;)

carr955
27-08-2005, 20:23
Went up there myself to look at EVO 6,S, They had a TME and aWhite EVO 6, The TME was not a nice example (flat paint / corners of the bonnet bent/ damaged wheels/ Naff exhaust) to name but a few faults, He wanted 15k I,d say worth about 9k max, The white example showed 43k and was a direct import apart from the fact the drivers seat was missing/ the fascia glass was cracked and there was a scrape on the o/s/r arch, the car was quite reasonable and would have made some body a nice EVO . I could probably have owned it for about 10-10.5 k. The point is that you have to search through the S*** to find the nice cars. Good Luck Simon

gaz007
28-08-2005, 00:27
D2 really put ktc in a nutshell .they are very casual in the way they operate .the 2 cars that i traded in for my tme didnt even get more than a walking past look .they didnt look inside or under the bonnet or have a test drive in either of them .if you are looking for a dealer with only top price immaculate examples then dont go to ktc .if however you are looking for a dealer that is a bit like a whole sale cash an carry selling some good cars that may need a bit of tlc to make them a1, then ktc could be worth looking at .you can get a good deal ,i know because i did .

EVL
23-11-2005, 22:34
:moon:

from personal experience......
........................ and that's why the company has grown so fast...

acfletch
24-11-2005, 08:33
keighley trade centre have bad press for good reasons
a few of my mates bought cars from there , and had loadsa problems.

adam

Krayven
24-11-2005, 09:52
I had a different problem with Keighley.

I went there about 2 years ago looking for an Evo 4, but found a really nice evo 3 instead. Took it for a drive, got a mate who knows his stuff to check it out for me and it seemed pretty good. What put me off was the sales service. I practically had to drag one of the 5 guys from their office to get them to come and talk to me about the car, then they wouldn't even fill it up with Optimax if I bought it - let alone drop anything off the sticker price! After our brief exchange he went back and sat inside with his mates again, didn't offer any more info on the car or any reason why I SHOULD pay the sticker price.

I just walked away at that point. I appreciate not being hassled by salesmen, but when I was takling about buying the thing I expected a little interest :rolleyes:

Evo1man
24-11-2005, 15:45
Originally posted by Krayven
I had a different problem with Keighley.

I went there about 2 years ago looking for an Evo 4, but found a really nice evo 3 instead. Took it for a drive, got a mate who knows his stuff to check it out for me and it seemed pretty good. What put me off was the sales service. I practically had to drag one of the 5 guys from their office to get them to come and talk to me about the car, then they wouldn't even fill it up with Optimax if I bought it - let alone drop anything off the sticker price! After our brief exchange he went back and sat inside with his mates again, didn't offer any more info on the car or any reason why I SHOULD pay the sticker price.

I just walked away at that point. I appreciate not being hassled by salesmen, but when I was takling about buying the thing I expected a little interest :rolleyes:

We must have caught them in a good mood as we knocked 800 off the screen price when we went up there couple of years ago.

But that could have been the fact that if Neil offered one price and they said no I went even lower :crackup:

The other benefit was it was cash no px etc and we had the money with us.

I am of the understanding it's the luck of the draw wherever you purchase a car from. It could be a good one or it could be a bag of S**t.

T

Barrie
24-11-2005, 16:15
Originally posted by Evo1man
We must have caught them in a good mood as we knocked 800 off the screen price when we went up there couple of years ago.

But that could have been the fact that if Neil offered one price and they said no I went even lower :crackup:

The other benefit was it was cash no px etc and we had the money with us.

I am of the understanding it's the luck of the draw wherever you purchase a car from. It could be a good one or it could be a bag of S**t.

T

I dont agree .

if a dealer buys proper cars - they can all be good!

EVL
24-11-2005, 19:12
if a dealer buys proper cars - they can all be good! [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that says it all....

wullie2.0
02-07-2006, 13:28
gaz007 was your cossie a white one by any chance on a G plate

Fast Guy
02-07-2006, 15:29
........................ so they must do something right.

They must also do something wrong as every car forum I've been on has threads like this that slates most of their stock.
Allegedly they have a few good cars but also alot of dross.

D2
02-07-2006, 21:22
Originally posted by Fast Guy

Allegedly they have a few good cars but also alot of dross.
Thats spot on ;) but a shed to some folk can be concours condition to other folk. you just have to go along and see for yourself :D

reepers13
27-07-2006, 10:35
this is a real shame as they have the same opinion of KTC on the skline forum....

they do have alot of nice evos on there well in the pics eg im looking for a 3 and they've got a RS for 4495.....

but im in surrey and dont know if its worth the drive up there??

gaz007
27-07-2006, 11:33
i traded a very nice cosworth in at ktc ,and i traded a very nice evo 4 in to ktc and i bought a very nice tme off them so there you have it 3 good cars that i know of .EVERY SECOND HAND CAR DEALER IN THE COUNTRY WILL HAVE BAD CARS thats a FACT .so instead of moaning about it go and have a look and take someone with you and make sure what you may buy is a good car .some people may not like the fact that they dont pull your pants down and kiss your arse .i myself would prefer to pay 3/4k less for a car than some other dealers .but thats just me .

dangerous bri
27-07-2006, 15:19
With KTC what you see is what you get, I traded in my last evo with them and bought my current one, they had a lot of scrappy examples there but if you look hard enough there are a couple of good ones. The evo five I sold to them melted a spark plug and went through the engine, so for all you guys out there who have bought a duff car off them , a wee bit of pay back.

m3coupe
27-07-2006, 17:58
There a weird lot that's for sure. I bought my current M3 from them and haven't had a spot of trouble with it. Owned it for 2 and a half years and it hasn't missed a beat. I was going to be getting a black EVO 4 with a EVO 5 interior from them about 3 months ago but they ****ed up the finance papers and I ended up not getting it.

I'm looking at a couple of cars from them at the moment. They do have a modded 4 for sale at the moment, carbon bonnet, rear wing and aftermarket front that was for sale from another site in Leeds a while back.

I'd buy from them again but I reckon the 4's they've got at the moment are a little over priced.

Carina
28-07-2006, 09:59
Anyone who buys a second-hand car without getting it thoroughly checked over by a professional vehicle inspector or a damn good mechanic must be mad. KTC have a bad reputation for a very good reason - they misrepresent the condition of the cars, charge top dollar for them and are competely disinterested in any complaints which result. Allegedly :rolleyes: ;)

Put it this way, if Carlsberg did second-hand motors, they wouldn't be the KTC :D

gaz007
28-07-2006, 10:56
ktc dont actually misrepresent their cars.they dont say much about the condition of the cars they sell .they say when cars have had a claim and are on V car .they charge far less than some other dealers ,thats why i bought my present car from ktc .as for the bad reputation that they supposedly have ,well where does that come from ? idiots that go and buy a car with out looking at it properly .not long ago there was a thread on here slagging off Extreme dealer ,arguably one of the best .that says it all really .what i paid for my very nice tme that i have had no problems with what so ever was far less than anywhere else .try 4k no less .

flash101
30-01-2008, 12:01
Hey guys first off they are ******s. simple. I went up from liverpool took 2 hours to look at a car that was already sold, then two others that where in the same range. All cars dead, ripped up, **** poor modded, chips scraps list goes on. also very poor customer service "hey is that car for sale xxx" "yes" phone down. (thanks dickhead be nice to know history and condition).
I think when my mum quote "is there ment to be water in the boot" sums it up.
Even the guy working there said you have to pay more which to me ment dont buy cos your buying ****e. (i dont know if it was cos this packistany was ripping off us british but it was like he didnt like his doing so)

ANyhow. Im off the scoobynet.com forum (do i get stoned now, i dont know if us scooby and evos have confrutation?)
Keighley Trade Sports & Performance people's experiences
we have the same topic going there (and on skyline and other forums) Theres even a review of the garage on the internet if you type the garage followed by review. where a guy bought a rover and it blow in 1 hour.

TO THE POINT.
Lets all get together and end this garage once and for all. How? No not by bricks or bullets but by the pen.
I've listed below watchdog and there number and address.
Im guessing with 50+ calls/letters they would investergate.
Let all group together scooby, skylines, evos etc, write down your story and send it off.

Im going to write a letter tomorrow but lets stand out.
On your enverlope draw a sad face (its a tactic on how to stand out)

You can write to Watchdog at
BBC Watchdog, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS

If you wish to telephone Watchdog, our contact number is:

020 8535 1000
Hey guys first off they are ******s. simple. Feel for that sweden dude. I went up from liverpool took 2 hours to look at a car that was already sold, then two others that where in the same range. All cars dead, ripped up, **** poor modded, chips scraps list goes on. also very poor customer service "hey is that car for sale xxx" "yes" phone down. (thanks dickhead be nice to know history and condition).
I think when my mum quote "is there ment to be water in the boot" sums it up.
Even the guy working there said you have to pay more which to me ment dont buy cos your buying ****e. (i dont know if it was cos this packistany was ripping off us british but it was like he didnt like his doing so)

ANyhow. Im off the scoobynet.com forum (do i get stoned now, i dont know if us scooby and skyline have confrutation?)
Keighley Trade Sports & Performance people's experiences
we have the same topic going there and im guessing other forums like evo, nissian do too. Theres even a review of the garage on the internet if you type the garage followed by review. where a guy bought a rover and it blow in 1 hour.

TO THE POINT.
Lets all get together and end this garage once and for all. How? No not by bricks or bullets but by the pen.
I've listed below watchdog and there number and address.
Im guessing with 50+ calls/letters they would investergate.
Let all group together scooby, skylines, evos etc, write down your story and send it off.

Im going to write a letter tomorrow but lets stand out.
On your enverlope draw a sad face (its a tactic on how to stand out)

You can write to Watchdog at
BBC Watchdog, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS

If you wish to telephone Watchdog, our contact number is:

020 8535 1000
keighly trade centre
UNIT N. AIREDALE TRADING PARK
SKIPTON ROAD CROSSHILLS
KEIGHLEY WEST YORKSHIRT
BD20 7DS

adios
ps if that fails we can always visit them :P
UNIT N. AIREDALE TRADING PARK
SKIPTON ROAD CROSSHILLS
KEIGHLEY WEST YORKSHIRT
BD20 7DS

adios
ps if that fails we can always visit them :P

Aidy
30-01-2008, 12:43
So let me get this right.....you went to a garage to look at some cars, and the quality of the cars was not at a level you were looking for despite the condition of the cars being reflected in the prices (guess the Ferrari garage were all out of 5,000 Enzos). You decided you wanted a car in better condition so you chose not to buy.

Right.....and Watchdog will care, because?

We care because?

And if you want to stir up protest, at least get the address of the business right or is West Yorkshirt next to South Youkpants?

GpAEVO
30-01-2008, 12:53
:rolleyes: I went to this bunch of cowboys at KTC when i was looking for my IV. I looked at no less than 8 IV's there and each of them was a heap of ****e :rolleyes: . Some even had missing doors locks, fillers dust on the floor around them :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (where they had obviously been repaired). Anyway i asked about the cleanest looking IV they had. My reponse was: No you can't drive till you buy it, and when i asked about service history, the reply was: "Look mate, if your really that bothered about that, there are thirty boxes full of japanese service records in there! if you can read jap feel free to find it for this car!!". That is no word of a lie, never buy a car from them, or you'll kicking yourself at the heap you've bought.

Sorry if folk dissagree but this is my personal experience and opinion.

Cheers
Simon

DuncanIV
30-01-2008, 14:34
I think people are drawn to KTC because the cars are cheap. There is a reason for this, so you cant go expecting a mint low mileage FSH unmolested example if you only want to pay peanuts.!

Spend a bit more or save a bit longer and get what you pay for!
(sometimes this still doesnt work out though) :D

flash101
30-01-2008, 17:26
I find it funny how everyone moans about then and i get a response like tht of aidy.

If you phoned around and got a plumber who was 20 cheaper then the other one would you expect then to fit the problem. yes.
Have you been there?

DuncanIV
30-01-2008, 17:36
Originally posted by flash101
If you phoned around and got a plumber who was 20 cheaper then the other one would you expect then to fit the problem. yes.
Have you been there?

Eh?
Can we have that in English please ,it makes no sense at all?

gaz007
30-01-2008, 18:23
in my experience as a a buyer of a few second hand cars including a lot of high performance cars over several years .the price you pay means nothing ,if you are buying a car from anywhere you should have it checked out properly or check it yourself.cheap can be good and expensive prices are no guarantee of quality cars.in other words if you go and buy a pile of ****e and you hadnt taken precautions then its your fault .

Pez
08-02-2008, 17:24
Well I've been thinking aobut heading up to look around the place and hopefully to buy a nice Evo but don't think i'll bother with the 4 odd hour drive now after reading the reports.
Yes they might do some sorted motors but just reading this one thread there's more bad comments then good and I think that says it all.

My search shall continue :)

DuncsGTi
20-02-2008, 16:35
I bought my IV from them, popped a rod through the block 4 hours and 170 miles later, only to be told by them that they only sell to the trade so they are not obliged to fix/replace the engine under the sale of goods act:mad::wallbang::mad:

In the end I stood outside their showroom for about 5 hours telling any prospective customer about this untill they agreed to replace the engine!!!

I would never even dream of going back to them

craig2003
20-02-2008, 17:02
I bought my IV from them, popped a rod through the block 4 hours and 170 miles later, only to be told by them that they only sell to the trade so they are not obliged to fix/replace the engine under the sale of goods act:mad::wallbang::mad:

In the end I stood outside their showroom for about 5 hours telling any prospective customer about this untill they agreed to replace the engine!!!

I would never even dream of going back to themStill not got the car sorted yet Dunc, I have yet to see it

DuncsGTi
20-02-2008, 17:27
Not yet mate, need to get it done soon though, Im moving back to germany by march 31st

Should have another new engine by next week

philg1969
01-04-2008, 16:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocmYFYxE2Mw

They are a bunch of cowboys as far as I am concerned.

Phil