Underseat Subwoofer [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Underseat Subwoofer

Seanp84
21-09-2015, 12:08
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone was running an underseat subwoofer in their cars and could give me some pointers on how it sounds compared to an in the boot box subwoofer.

I got my front and rear speakers upgraded at the weekend and the sound in the car does sound much better but i'd like a little more bass, the installer let me hear a subwoofer in the boot with the amp etc but I feel this would be far too much bass than i'm looking for as it was shaking the whole car.

StottyEvo
21-09-2015, 19:43
I had exactly the same thoughts so I bought this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-CVENC8-V-Compact-8-Active-Underseat-Slim-Sub-Subwooer-Enclosure-Bass-240w-/361154658370?hash=item54167ec042

It fits perfectly snug between the rides below the seat (mines under the drivers seat) At first I noticed the vibration through the seat but after a day you get used to it and it goes un-noticed.

I ran the wires through the center console and cut them to length so they are not visible at all, although the side of the sub/amp box can be seen underneath the seat when getting into the car.

The bass is quite subtle and it isn't obvious that a sub is there, but I still need to set it up properly to get the best out of it.

Ads9
21-09-2015, 20:26
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone was running an underseat subwoofer in their cars and could give me some pointers on how it sounds compared to an in the boot box subwoofer.

I got my front and rear speakers upgraded at the weekend and the sound in the car does sound much better but i'd like a little more bass, the installer let me hear a subwoofer in the boot with the amp etc but I feel this would be far too much bass than i'm looking for as it was shaking the whole car.

I ended up fitting one of these in the boot: http://www.roadradio.com/Alpine/SWE-815/
All you need on top of this are a set of RCA leads. I have a small strap screwed to the box and fasted under the rear seat so it can't move about, but I can remove it in 30 seconds if I need the space by undoing the strap and disconnecting the plug to the amp/ sub. :smthumbup
Very subtle bass, but enough to compliment the stock speakers. Certainly notice if it's not there, but doesn't rattle your teeth out when it is :handsup:

Seanp84
24-09-2015, 10:11
Cheers guys,

Yeah, subtle bass is what i'm after, those 2 suggestions look pretty good, i'll give it some more thought and see if the guy who done my speakers can let me hear an underseat sub similar to yours StottyEvo.

This was the amplified sub that he had connected up in the car when I went to collect it - https://audiovisualworld.co.uk/phoenix-gold-z110at-10-active-subwoofer-bass-box-with-built-in-amp.html

The head unit was barely turned up and the car was vibrating like mad, not something i'm after and I don't fancy the boot being taken up by a box.

Thanks again

Ads9
24-09-2015, 15:54
I'd like to see the underseat sub. Here's a pic of my little 8" active jobbie. As I said, literally 1 plug and its out! :)
I can still get he pushchair in too- I have a 10" in a box but it would have taken up too much space. 261485

Noddy
24-09-2015, 16:33
JL Audio have passive and amplified boxes designed specifically for their W3 range of 6 and 8 inch subs that might fit under a front seat.

Might be a bit pricey but top quality.