Heaters cold [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Heaters cold

ScotlandEvo
19-07-2015, 12:29
Hi All,

My evo had a broken rad cap and was leaking coolant from it.

I put a new rad cap on (i only jusy got the car)

And the heaters are cold, i never checked them when i bought it.

The heater hoses going into the car are red hot, air con is ice cold.

I took the heater dial out and the ratchet is slipping BUT even when i got it to hot it was still cold.

When i get the dial to cold it blows hard, when on hot it slows down like it should but still cold air.

Any ideas?

RyB
19-07-2015, 14:01
Is there enough coolant in the radiator?

stu8
19-07-2015, 14:03
Also are you sure the heater matrix hasnt been bypassed?

Stu

ScotlandEvo
19-07-2015, 15:03
Not sure if its been bypassed? How can i check?

Yep it's full of coolant.

Car temp gauge is perfect aswell.

stu8
19-07-2015, 16:21
usually the 2 pipes, where they go through the bulkhead, are pulled off the bulkhead and linked, to bypass the matrix

From what you have said, it doesnt sound like that has happened, are both the pipes going into the car hot?

Never experienced it but have seen people on here say the adjusters for heater controls can stick, maybe worth a search

Stu

onslow
19-07-2015, 18:33
On my E8 when you turn the temp up or down a motor near the clutch pedal moves to adjust the temp is this moving if you adjust yours?

ScotlandEvo
19-07-2015, 19:18
usually the 2 pipes, where they go through the bulkhead, are pulled off the bulkhead and linked, to bypass the matrix

From what you have said, it doesnt sound like that has happened, are both the pipes going into the car hot?

Never experienced it but have seen people on here say the adjusters for heater controls can stick, maybe worth a search

Stu

Yea mate both pipes are hot going into the car.