Fuel Pump Wires Extremely Hot [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Fuel Pump Wires Extremely Hot

jameswwt
13-02-2015, 17:33
Hi Guys,
ive just rebuilt my Evo 5 and have shifted my N70 car battery to the rear.

The problem is, whenever i go for 2~3 pulls my fuel pump wires goes extremely hot and seems some wires started to show sign of melting.

Ive added 30amp relay and its still the same.

Some says, its due to insufficient Grounding and i wonder is there any way of improving the problem? I am concern when the wires got too hot, it will reduce voltage to the fuel pump.

Im running on Aeromotive 340L pump.

Is there a way, where we could connect/ bypass a + wire direct & - Ground
to the fuel pump wires?

Currently the Fuel pump wires is from front main Fuel Box back to rear fuel pump. Is it possible to connect wires from rear battery + & - terminal direct to fuel pump wires?

If yes, pls do kindly advise.

Thank you.

K
13-02-2015, 18:00
Hi Guys,
ive just rebuilt my Evo 5 and have shifted my N70 car battery to the rear.

The problem is, whenever i go for 2~3 pulls my fuel pump wires goes extremely hot and seems some wires started to show sign of melting.

Ive added 30amp relay and its still the same.

Some says, its due to insufficient Grounding and i wonder is there any way of improving the problem? I am concern when the wires got too hot, it will reduce voltage to the fuel pump.

Im running on Aeromotive 340L pump.

Is there a way, where we could connect/ bypass a + wire direct & - Ground
to the fuel pump wires?

Currently the Fuel pump wires is from front main Fuel Box back to rear fuel pump. Is it possible to connect wires from rear battery + & - terminal direct to fuel pump wires?

If yes, pls do kindly advise.

Thank you.

Yes it is but you will need to use the original +/- to fire a relay to control the new cables otherwise your pump will be pumping constantly!

evo arms m7960
13-02-2015, 20:25
how have you earthed the battery in the boot ??

try running a earth from the pump to the battery to see if it cures the problem , if it does then you need to ground the battery better

todd-w
13-02-2015, 20:50
pull the pump housing and check the wires i came across one recently where the wires got pinched between gasket and pump housing

jameswwt
13-02-2015, 23:59
Thank you so much Guys

jameswwt
16-02-2015, 16:23
Hi, do anyone could kind enough to advise or share the fuel pump rewire diagram as per STM rewire kit?

Thanks