Evo X window reset [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Evo X window reset

michty_me
25-01-2015, 16:24
Evening all, Just had to sort my drivers window as it came out the rubber guide in the door. The window runs freely now and the open/close operation is fine but now it only goes up for 1 second at a time, I have to keep pulling the switch to get it right up. I'm guessing it is lost as to where the top is. Any idea on how to reset it?

MarkM
25-01-2015, 17:00
Probably the same as most others, try ignition on, open all the way down and keep holding for a few seconds, then all the way up and keep holding the button for a few seconds after the window has stopped, may need to do it a couple of times

michty_me
25-01-2015, 17:04
OK will give that a whirl and see how I get on. I found another thread where someone said most other marques you hold the button up for ten seconds. I'll try a few combos.

tani_r
25-01-2015, 17:08
roll & hold the window button until the window rolls all the way down and keep holding the button for about 10 seconds or until you hear a click, then repeat the process when rolling the window all the way up and hold the button for ten seconds or until you hear a click, then release. This should fix the problem with the short-stroke of your window. :)

michty_me
25-01-2015, 17:47
roll & hold the window button until the window rolls all the way down and keep holding the button for about 10 seconds or until you hear a click, then repeat the process when rolling the window all the way up and hold the button for ten seconds or until you hear a click, then release. This should fix the problem with the short-stroke of your window. :)

Thanks tani! Will do that tomorrow. :smthumbup

melp_s
25-01-2015, 19:09
There is a window function options on the head unit, is it worth doing a reset on there?

michty_me
25-01-2015, 19:15
I think that's other settings.
Just done as tani suggested and now working as its meant to. Thanks folks for the suggestions.