Is my evo 8 fq300 running standard map?? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Is my evo 8 fq300 running standard map??

chini_01
08-10-2014, 19:59
Hi just abit of help please, Iv got a evo 8 fq300 and running 1.3 bar boost. I got a so called 3 plug mapped ecu from a gsr that was suppose to be running 365bhp plug and play but it is still boosting 1.3 bar? I am going to install a boost controller but shouldnt the boost be higher if its a mapped ecu??

Also would you lot recommend a electronic boost controller or manual cheers

chini_01
08-10-2014, 20:14
Deleted post and threads now merged - please only start a thread in one section.

Trebor
08-10-2014, 20:27
1.3 bar is stock boost I think from memory.
Could be several reasons why plugging in a mapped ECU doesn't raise your boost. Depends what other mods the other car had, boost solenoid, boost controller, induction etc etc all could impact in some way.

Personally I wouldn't just swap to a mapped ECU and drive on it, I'd have it done at a tuner's and have the mapping checked as you have no idea if the fuelling is safe.

Aidy
08-10-2014, 20:38
Hi just abit of help please, Iv got a evo 8 fq300 and running 1.3 bar boost. I got a so called 3 plug mapped ecu from a gsr that was suppose to be running 365bhp plug and play but it is still boosting 1.3 bar? I am going to install a boost controller but shouldnt the boost be higher if its a mapped ecu??

Also would you lot recommend a electronic boost controller or manual cheers

1.3 is about standard. As for the map, it depends what was mapped. Sometimes the map is tweaked to handle more boost, but the extra boost itself has to be supplied via a boost controller. You won't see 365BHP on 1.3 bar if the car's other bits are standard. Take it to someone who can read whatever map you have on it and they'll probably be able to tell you if it is standard. I certainly wouldn't trust someone's word and just crank the boost up though.

lawsy
08-10-2014, 20:51
As aidy points out, most use external boost control and if you don't have a controller fitted it will not be hitting the boost the previous owner had dialled in.

Get it check properly before she blows capain.

chini_01
09-10-2014, 06:24
Hi the other car was had a 3" through exhaust, induction kit n a 225 fuel pump which mine has but just not the avcr. What is the standard fuel cut??

chini_01
09-10-2014, 06:29
Hi do u recommend any decent tuners near Birmingham and what is the standard fuel cut off? Also the other car had a induction kit, 3" straight through exhaust and a updated fuel pump which mine has but not the avcr would you recommend a manual or electric boost controller

AndyF_RSX
09-10-2014, 06:33
Is yours running the exact same induction kit? If not then I would, at the very least, go to somewhere to get the fuelling checked out as a precautionary measure and I definitely wouldn't be turning up the boost without doing any monitoring just because someone has told you that the ECU has been remapped.