ecu repair [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

ecu repair

e4 jas
20-09-2014, 16:37
Hi , looking for someone who repairs ecus think his name is grant any info would be greatly appreciated please pm thanks jas

todd-w
20-09-2014, 17:50
Grants maybe

Andrew B
20-09-2014, 17:54
What have you done to
It?

grants
20-09-2014, 18:58
Hi , looking for someone who repairs ecus think his name is grant any info would be greatly appreciated please pm thanks jas

Grants maybe

That would be me :D

Tell me more;

What ECU
What are the symptoms
What have you changed/done recently - eg reverse polarity jump leads

I'll advise accordingly

Grant :)

e4 jas
21-09-2014, 18:03
That would be me :D

Tell me more;

What ECU
What are the symptoms
What have you changed/done recently - eg reverse polarity jump leads

I'll advise accordingly

Grant :)
Pmd

e4 jas
24-09-2014, 11:42
Pmd

Hi grants can you please get back to me. Thanks jas:smthumbup

e4 jas
24-09-2014, 18:49
Can anyone help with this ecu?????
Its from an evo 9 sm4 model basicly it will run fine then itermittently cut out with no power!
basicly if you give the harness where the 3 plugs go into the ecu it will come alive again and can run fine for hours until the problem comes back!

I have been told that the problem is the main eprom which needs removed connections cleaned and reseated......can anyone help please to get a brother back on the road!

stu8
24-09-2014, 18:54
Can anyone help with this ecu?????
Its from an evo 9 sm4 model basicly it will run fine then itermittently cut out with no power!
basicly if you give the harness where the 3 plugs go into the ecu it will come alive again and can run fine for hours until the problem comes back!

I have been told that the problem is the main eprom which needs removed connections cleaned and reseated......can anyone help please to get a brother back on the road!

funny you say this, I have an evo 7 or 8 ecu on my 5, and if I fiddle with the wires into it, the revs will drop, and can cut out, though it never does it without me messing with the wires, im thinking along the lines of a bad connection into a multiplug, damaged wire, or maybe bad connection at the ecu

Stu

smithyl23
24-09-2014, 21:01
I have my old E8 MR ecu forsale. Only 50k on it. Changed only to upgrade to Link G4. Sell it cheap to you as it's the last of my bits.

Smithy

e4 jas
25-09-2014, 08:39
I have tried plugging the old ecu back in and the car is perfect no problems at all.......
Autronic will not respond to me for repair and i think mark shead doesnt deal with them no more,just thought someone out there could have sorted this out,i have even tried local electronics companies but they say they dont want involved.

Also stu the car has only done like 15k and the wires at ecu are mint,spent ages checking them!Demented is an understatment pal.

stu8
25-09-2014, 09:43
I have tried plugging the old ecu back in and the car is perfect no problems at all.......
Autronic will not respond to me for repair and i think mark shead doesnt deal with them no more,just thought someone out there could have sorted this out,i have even tried local electronics companies but they say they dont want involved.

Also stu the car has only done like 15k and the wires at ecu are mint,spent ages checking them!Demented is an understatment pal.

there is no obvious damage to the wiring on mine, but if I fiddle with a group of wires while the engine is running, the revs will dip, or cut out.

If its fine with the old ecu, as a start, id be looking carefully at the pins on the autronics ecu, as well as the other side, the circuit board side

Stu

Glenn84
25-09-2014, 20:02

I'm having the exact same prob with an autronics in my mates 6 will drive fine then decides too cut out! Checked fueling after and that's still fine but causes a weak spark. As soon as swap back for the standard ecu its starts 1st time. I've checked everything so can only be down too the ecu. Did grants not get back too you about a problem?