VIPEC v44 vs SYVECS S6 [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

VIPEC v44 vs SYVECS S6

antbern
17-06-2014, 08:54
Morning guys,

Sorry if this has been covered in the past, but this question has a slight twist; from previous threads I can see that the general advice was to make the decision based on what ECU 'your' engine mapper was most comfortable with.

In my case, both ECUs will be fairly new and I imagine an element of user-friendliness will sway the decision.

In a nutshell, I'm currently running an Autronic SMC and am upgrading for better knock control primarily, and for increased data logging capability. (as the engine has suffered from detonation on multiple outings!).

I'm by no means an engine tuner (Vehicle dynamicist by trade) but will try to lend a hand in terms of learning the new software and exploiting the functionality of the ECU, analysing data etc.

My main priorities are:

1. Knock control
2. Data logging capability - would like to log pressures /temperatures (including fuel)
3. Software user friendliness
4. Cost (ideally second hand) - I wish my pockets were deeper! hehe

Car is a stroked evo 6 running around 600 brake, dry sump, cam'd etc

There's currently a second hand V44 for sale on here with the additional knock module which is convinient...

Cheers!

Julian

Dragracer187
17-06-2014, 13:39
Software friendly, by far the vipec wins. Datalogging however sucks real bad on a vipec, logging rate is very very low, lower then 50hz. On this area the syvecs is so much better, 1000Hz logging.

Syvecs has built in knock control, but not standard per cylinder, this is a add on, on the vipec with the vipec knock module it is per cylinder.

Cost wise I would still go with a Syvecs cause of the flexibility. You will have much better engine protection with a Syvecs then a Vipec. Cost is slightly higher though.

Mark Shead
17-06-2014, 17:38
Morning guys,

Sorry if this has been covered in the past, but this question has a slight twist; from previous threads I can see that the general advice was to make the decision based on what ECU 'your' engine mapper was most comfortable with.

In my case, both ECUs will be fairly new and I imagine an element of user-friendliness will sway the decision.

In a nutshell, I'm currently running an Autronic SMC and am upgrading for better knock control primarily, and for increased data logging capability. (as the engine has suffered from detonation on multiple outings!).

I'm by no means an engine tuner (Vehicle dynamicist by trade) but will try to lend a hand in terms of learning the new software and exploiting the functionality of the ECU, analysing data etc.

My main priorities are:

1. Knock control
2. Data logging capability - would like to log pressures /temperatures (including fuel)
3. Software user friendliness
4. Cost (ideally second hand) - I wish my pockets were deeper! hehe

Car is a stroked evo 6 running around 600 brake, dry sump, cam'd etc

There's currently a second hand V44 for sale on here with the additional knock module which is convinient...

Cheers!

Julian

Change the mapper if you keep knocking, Take a look at Emtron.

Mark

simon999
17-06-2014, 19:29
I am upgrading from vipec to emtron for the better logging and better knock control and all the extra safely features that come with it as soon as fitted will let you know how amazing it is ;)

antbern
17-06-2014, 19:58
Whats the emtron like in terms of pricing?

simon999
17-06-2014, 20:56

Give mark shead (Madevelopments) a call or a pm on here he will sort you out pal

Mark Shead
17-06-2014, 21:22

Best is to look at you local supplier due to diff country's taxes in the uk it is 2095+vat with all the functions enabled.

Mark

antbern
18-06-2014, 07:55
Cheers, I don't suppose there's a supplier in Malta so buying it from the UK will be my best bet. Hmmm was hoping to spend less than that, but will have a look at spec list!