What to expect after remap E6 [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

What to expect after remap E6

dobzevo6
06-04-2014, 19:34
Hi people,
Im in the process of getting my E6 ready for its first remap. It will have exhaust system, decat, fuel pump, air filter. Is that all it needs for the remap?
What sort of bhp will it have once remapped?
Cheers

Phil2333
06-04-2014, 19:36
Hi people,
Im in the process of getting my E6 ready for its first remap. It will have exhaust system, decat, fuel pump, air filter. Is that all it needs for the remap?
What sort of bhp will it have once remapped?
Cheers

Fit everything that you want to fit first,then remap last.

Make sure tyres correct pressures and oils in top condition.

Great bhp for buck a remap.:)

dobzevo6
06-04-2014, 19:43
What do you think the bhp will be once done?

AndyF_RSX
06-04-2014, 19:46
Depends on who maps it and how much you want to risk your engine...

Andy

6evo
06-04-2014, 19:53
I am going down the same road with my 6, having a few bits of pipework made up as I am going for sd conversion at the same time and want a Tial bov and large k&n filter at the same time, I think its best to get everything you will want done first to save more mapping costs. I am hoping for around 360 bhp at about 1.5/ 1.6 bar I know you could get more but at the risk of seeing your rods sooner than expected!

burley81
07-04-2014, 13:01
As 6evo has stated a safe stage 1 remap on an E6 is in the 350-360 ball park (for BHP and ft/lb). You could get 370+ with the stock E6 turbo and components but then it depends on how long you want your engine/turbo to last, especially if your map is bad and your pushing too much torque through your standard rods etc.. Some will tell you they are running a stage 1 E6 at 370+ and have never had a problem and yours may well be ok at that power as well, problem is the harder you push the more likely you will have a problem.

Basically stick with 350-360 and you won't have a problem, if you want more you will need to consider a new turbo, rods etc....