Assistance with EVO 8 Headlight Problem Please [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Assistance with EVO 8 Headlight Problem Please

Myevo
13-03-2004, 18:50
Just turned off the ignition of my 8 FQ-300 and the xenon headlights started doing an impression of a set of disco lights. They just flicker on and off at random even with the key removed and the alarm on!?!. I've tried disconnecting the battery for about 15 mins to allow everything to reset and settle down but as soon as i reconnected the battery it started all over again. The only way to stop it is to remove fuses 18 and 19 for the headlights. Urgent help and ideas needed on this one please !!!!

mud
13-03-2004, 18:58
goto your dealer on Monday and get them to sort it.

Myevo
13-03-2004, 19:08
Working nights sunday and monday so going to the dealers over the next few days is out of the question (12 hr shifts!!!). Anyone got any ideas that may solve it???

Weebl
13-03-2004, 19:52
I have just seen your car as I went round "the" roundabout :)

sounds like the power is still getting to the igniters even through the switch is turned off. Try the good old technical wiggle of all the wires going to the lights and give the switch a damn good recycling :)

Not a permanent fix but might help till you can get to the dealers?

Myevo
13-03-2004, 20:23
Tried the "technical wiggle" and a bit of percussion adjustment - no joy. Out of interest it still flashes even with the fuses removed - how???. Sounds like a dealer visit, although their knowledge of the basics are dubious at times.