IV Windows and climate control not working [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

IV Windows and climate control not working

CrazyA64
04-05-2012, 08:48
I've had a good look on the forum but can't find anyone having had a similar problem (with a solution). As title suggests, last night whilst the car was sat at idle the window controls and the panel for the climate control just quit working.

It's been pretty wet in Portsmouth this past week, could that have something to do with it? Checked drivers side fuse box and under the hood, all looks in good working order. I'm stumped!

Help o_O
-x-

adam6gsr
10-05-2012, 18:13
I've had a good look on the forum but can't find anyone having had a similar problem (with a solution). As title suggests, last night whilst the car was sat at idle the window controls and the panel for the climate control just quit working.

It's been pretty wet in Portsmouth this past week, could that have something to do with it? Checked drivers side fuse box and under the hood, all looks in good working order. I'm stumped!

Help o_O
-x-

My windows and intercooler spray switch have stopped working got it booked in to get sorted though I'm not good with electricals. Changed my fuses and relays nd still nothing it's a pain in the arse

Graham182
10-05-2012, 21:03
Is your central locking working, and the chimes if you leave your key in or lights on with ignition off and door open? Could be the control module for all that got fried, its a grey box on the back of the interior fuse box.

CrazyA64
11-05-2012, 08:07
SOLVED - It would of helped if I wasn't such a frustrated idiot.

So I'd checked each and every fuse which I could see was related to the windows and/or heaters bar one it seems! Int he car under the steering collum that fuse box contains a fuse with a symbol which looks dead similar to a transistors wiring diagram symbol (I'll try to get a pic up later). Turns out this had blown and I hadn't checked it because I assumed that it was nothing to do with the loop in question.

Kids, read your workshop manuals! lol

Cheers guys